Its time my friends, its time......

Discussion in 'General' started by foxracing500r, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Guys, I am putting the blunt down, for a good bit. Most likely, a good 30 years. Its really been fun. I have had good times, bad times, and downright fucking scary times. Times that make you remember a better place, or times that put you in the best mood, or correct Zen, to succeed during the day. Times that make you cry, make you laugh, times that make you feel at home, when you know the world around you is gone.

Its time.

I was going to put it down, come 2010 anyway, to land a better job, and a better life.

As many of you know, I never graduated, I started working at 15. So the road to happiness will be harder to achieve for me. I dont regret it, and I dispise being a puppet for the world, so fuck school.

I am either choosing a Driving career, or I am going to get into construction again, and take it to the next level this time. But both, have to be THC free.

I wont ask for help, I wont ask for tips to smoke and still pass a test. All I am looking for, is tips from you guys, on how to help me break this habit.

I know the first 2 weeks blow, but after that, I will be golden. Its what can help me for 2 weeks.

I don't want to drink, or do any other drug, nor do I want a vise to lean on. I want to be clean, and drug free from now on.

Foxracing500r will always be here, I feel a lot of you are really good friends of mine. I could start a list, but shit, you all know who you are, and that's what matters.

Ladies and Gentleman, I am fucking fried right now, but after this 8th, Im out of the game.

2. Shit. That's a big decision.

Good luck with it. Hope you get the career you want.

Forever is a long time tho. And telling yourself that will make it harder to quit. Never say never.

Is it not possible to smoke occasionally for you? Or would that lead to daily use.

3. Most likely daily use would come back from it. The career's I am trying for, will have randoms, and all injury's will have you tested.

Its never for good, just a long Break, until I can get somewhere comfortable, and maybe even retire.

Once I hit that level, its welcome back sweet leaf. But its not worth the risk, yah know?

4. Move to a country where you don't get tested.

5. good luck with watever u choose u do

6. Yeah i understand.

7. good job on changing your ways, its hard to give up things you like for the better

im gonna go on a tbreak for a couple months within the week. i cant say that i will stop because by the time my friends come home from college and im out clubbing for my 19th this winter i will definatly toke again.

have fun doggy

8. Hate to see a fellow stoner go by the wayside but I am happy for you and support your decision 100%

Sure we're all potheads around here and love our weed. I'm sure many of us would like to put the pipe down for a while.

Things you can do-

Get out of town or away from your weed connections. If you're growing then it's much easier- just stop growing :D

Start exercising. It will clear your mind and body. Also occupies your time.

Stay busy.

Focus on your long term goal. You know where you want to be and how to get there.

It's one step at a time. You've taken the first step already. Set small goals and not goals so outrageous you can't possibly achieve. To get to a big goal you must go through the small goals and steps to get there. "Inch by inch life is a cinch." "Yard by yard life is hard."

9. HIGH All, well that's too bad foxracing...I feel for you....fuck if I had to quit because of testing...shit I don't know what I'd do...no doubt find a job that doesn't test...sure glad the people I do "That Four Letter Swear Word" for doesn't test.

So All the best to you..and I'm glad to hear just because you quit you still will be here...just hope in 2010 when you see us havin this Toke is for you foxracing it won't drive you over the edge.

10. Good luck brother, I hope things'll get better for you. Are you gonna be on GC still?

11. one of my friends is doing something like this; she deleted all of her connection contacts out of her phone, and now she keeps herself busy with 2 jobs and friends that are clean so she doesn't really have time for it. and if any of her friends who smoke want to chill (like me) she tells us to not bring anything around her. if you have good friends they'll respect your decision and not smoke around you and help you stay busy with other things.
    good luck :)

12. Good luck man. Hope things go as best they can

13. While we may have had our disagreements about stuff, I have nothing but respect for someone who chooses to make a better life for themselves.

Like someone else said, do some exercising, weather its running, lifting weights, whatever. It's good for you and boosts your endorphins, thus you'll feel good. Meditation is good too. The thing with it is, its not like you have to sit still for hours and chant "om" , even five minutes of quiet, thinking only of your breath can have an effect. Go out in nature, even if its your backyard, breathe, and just take a look at the beauty around.

Keep yourself busy, and avoid situations where weed is present, if only for a bit, that way you won't get tempted.

Pick up a new hobby, or try something you've been meaning to do.

Sorry for the jumbled thoughts, nevertheless, I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

14. "forever is a long time, so live it up now"

15. This thread is like the end of 'Half Baked'. It's sad even though there's not really anything to be sad about, and yet the sadness prevails.

Well I never really knew you, but I'm new. At least in the long run you're paving a better road for your life, and you'll have more time to appreciate all aspects of the world (not assuming you don't but you get the idea). No smokes good for the lungs, whether it be tobacco, cannabis or anything else, so your lungs will appreciate it too. I hope your life fulfills itself and your future is filled with happiness and love.

Love and light, friend.

-Lonely Planet Boy

16. I have the utmost respect for you and the decision you are making. I notice alot of people on here say they are willing to make a sacrifice just so they can keep getting high. They say "I'ma stay high (i i i, i i, i i i) til I die (i i i, i i, i i i haha). They take jobs that aren't that great just because those jobs don't drug test, and I just wonder where these peoples priorities have gone.

Best of luck to you bud, stick around the city, theres alot of great people on here who i'm sure would be more than willing to lend an ear to you, including myself.

Like others have said, find something to do to replace getting high. This is one of the major "tools" they teach you in rehab/ N/A / A/A, you need to find something to replace getting high, and change people, places, and things.

I know you'll succeed, you have the right attitude and a good head on your shoulders. Good luck, though you won't be needing it.:)

17. takes a lot of balls to know what you want, but further more to go through with it. won't be easy but hell in the long run you will be golden.

stay tough my man and know that being clearminded you can achieve the goals you hope to achieve.

good luck my man

18. Thanks for all the kind words guys. I should be good with this. I have taken one break before, for a month or so. I was still able to hang with my friends who smoked, shit, I would even break it up for them, and not smoke.

I dont think it will be as hard as I think it is. Some days, I get up, work on the truck, and not get high all day, until night to sleep. That will be the hardest part, sleeping. I have Insomnia, so my body isnt ready to sleep until my body lets me.

I have a interview at a new job monday, Im positive I will get it, as I flirted with the manager and got an interview instantly.

I will be truthful though, this last bag sucked ass. I bought an eigth, I cant go out like that, so I will probably hit my buddy up for a decent bag, that way I have something good to remember of it, and not the black seed paradise.

But straight up, after that, me and Mary are parting ways for a good while.

Last time I breaked, I did keep busy, it was hard too, because I wasn't working. But this time, I think it will be easier, and alot less tempting from stress, due to no job, and bill collectors.

I will remain here on GC. TBH, I first joined to learn about Growing, and about Politics. Grasscity has taught me alot, and I hold that very respectable, but after a week of reading, I learned all I needed to know, and the members is why I come back.

Sure, Marijuana is the main topic of this forum, but nobody comes back solely for that, we come back day after day because of the members, and helping them through shit, or reading about something funny that happened.

Granted it is a internet forum, but I think if all of us were in one big ass room, we would have no problem talking, bs-ing and carrying on. Lets just hope that room isnt prison one day though lol.

If you can smoke it up, burn that shit!

19. Good luck man.

20. the easiest way to kick a habit is to replace it with another. be careful with this since some habits are easier to replace than others and some more dangerous than others. in my experience, ive said multiple times to myself: "Self, no smoking weed for x ammount of time for (reason)." and almost every time, i find myself smoking again. weed, unlike some of the harder drugs, is all about mind over matter. find something to do to occupy yourself and keep weed off the mind. i will admit to smoking weed out of boredom because its a fun thing to do for me. you just gotta find something you enjoy doing and do it instead of smoking. i hope that all makes sense