its the n-o, t-o, r-i, o, u-s u just, lay down, slow

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by justcallmesir, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Im sure theres been plenty of these threads at some point but am i the only one that believes if biggie lived he would have really had a shot at being known as the greatest rapper of all time (in an undisputed sort of way)?

I mean he became known as ARGUABLY the greatest of all time and he died 2 weeks before his second album was released.

I know its been many years since his death but the music to this day still sounds fresh. a track of his then still gives a track from anyone out now a run for their money. YES this applies to lil wayne gucci, and whoever else you wanna bring into this.

this shit makes me sad especially since everyone out now (for the most part) is pure garbage. there are VERY few rappers i even consider "good" these days.

I also like how you can pretty much play both of biggies records from front to back without it getting old. try and find an artist you can do that with these days. i liked the smoothness of his flow and how the rhymes seemed so effortless but still outclass many of todays artists.

for the 2pac fans: im not knockin 2pac. i think he was very good as well but bar for bar i think biggie had his number. he was a better song writer and had a smooth nasty flow.

the other thing i really liked about biggie was that his more "commercial" tracks were just as good as his regular shit. like it was more commercial in terms of the topic and instrumental music track but he never sold out like some rappers i can name (lil wayne especially comes to mind).

2. It doesn't really matter. Their is no way to judge who the best is. Some of the guys in bonethugs kill him at being consistently fast and I'm sure theres a rapper out there who can paint a more vivid picture with words.

It's all up to the individual to determine what makes a rapper great: whether it be speed, clever lyricism, hits or great songs

3. well i was just speaking to the overall package.. i also wasn't trying to turn it into a whos better war either. just feel like biggie never gets the recognition he deserves...especially with typical teenage rap fans...they get too hung up on commercial bs. and yes majority if not ALL rap on the radio/tv is crap. seriously.

its all hook, hook, hook, smile, wave money, gimmick, hook, gimmick, end of song. theres no substance.

4. I have Life After Death and nearly every song is good on it. Biggie's gotten plenty of recognition.

I suppose both you and me have to learn to just let the kids have fun with their dubstep and hip pop. Theirs a lot of great music out their and they don't know what their missing;)

5. i couldn't agree more. im only im in my early 20s and i for one feel old. Seems like most of my fav artists are of the past or not here anymore.

however i couldn't find anything current (not much anyway) thats even any good. whats funny is people these days give me weird looks like im an old geezer because i like the greats...not just biggie...but big l whats sad is most ppl i know dont even know who he is. i think big l is a great 1. he was a very nice lyricist.

thats what i like when it comes to hiphop. i could give a **** less how commercial and catchy your songs are...i like someone who can paint a picture in your mind or say something so nice you spend the next 30 seconds trying to understand what he just said...only to have to rewind the track to hear everything you missed. to me THATS a GREAT rapper for you.

i can see why today people say, "rap is crap"...however i think if those people got to listen to the best rap has to offer (biggie, big l, big daddy kane, pac, wu tang, etc.) they would change their mind.

people look at me crazy when i say i dont like todays biggest stars (50cent, lil wayne, gucci, etc) but i dont see how what they do is so great. lil wayne is probably the most talented out of todays rappers however he's wasted his talent and sold out for commercial success. nothing wrong with getting paid but is gotten plain ridiculous.

guys like pac and biggie had commercial tracks that seem tailor made for the radio/mtv but at the same time you still knew it was a biggie or pac track...if you listen to someone like lil wayne back in his cash money days and now he's two completely different artists...now its about autotune, selling tickets, promos. etc. not about just being a plain old good rapper without a gimmick.

to me rappers w/ gimmicks is a joke. even if they have skill...the gimmick takes away from it.

guys like nas, big l, biggie, pac, even early jay z didnt have gimmicks...just good music. thats what needs to come back...good music...not popularity. with good talent and skill the popularity follows. biggie was a prime example of that. he didnt have gimmicks or chase trends...he was just unique and the people loved him for it. me included.

i remember when biggie died...made me sad...still does to this day.

6. Biggie was decent man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GVge8GUnAE]‪K-Rino - Perpetual Ascension‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

This is the best rapper alive.

7. hes got talent but no...not best rapper alive...i refuse to believe it...well wait...who is the best alive? ok maybe he is...theres like NO standout great ones anymore.

hes slightly hard to listen to tho for me...seems like a hell of a freestyler but not much of a rap songwriter.

this was my biggest complaint with papoose...loads of lyrical talent but hooks suck and music tracks werent very good at all.

its hard to find the complete package anymore.