It's sometimes the little things that can hurt you

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sickomindo, Feb 26, 2017.

1. #1 Sickomindo, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Case in point:

I have been looking for a wall fan like this for my 4 x 4 grow tent for a long time and I didn't want to pay $100 online so finally I was at Menards today looking up aluminum frame for cob lights and lo and behold they had a bad ass wall fan for $20 remote control timer all sorts of commands perfect right? Everything went great I found a way to secure it to one of the polls until my cobs get here. tonight I turned off the light and guess what? luckily I looked back in and a huge glowing red light lighting up from the LEDs themselves plus the white housing is glowing red like Rudolph's nose from the electronics inside I guess. Not sure what to do going to have to try to cover it up or something I'm not sure if you can tell by the pictures but I'm pretty certain it's way too much lux.

The point is stay vigilant and think, because the little things like that can really cost you. I'm a vigilant mofo nice try luck.

Take a look at these pictures and tell me what you think beautiful fan though

I'm going to try to get a lux reading off of it and see I'm not sure what the maximum Lux is for affecting cannabis but I'll check back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. This lux app said 0 lux but I don't know if I believe that seems way too much red in way too bright to not interfere with my plants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. use black electrical tape and cover the lights, it's a dollar, and wont ruin any products.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ya i ended up having to use some aluminum tape on the outer housing. ya electrical tape would work fine too. I actually had to cut a peice of thick black plastic to act as a curtain because that is where the controls are and you cant tape over that part. You need remote control access and its a visual reference so the small plastic is over that part and can be lifted up so its not as permanent as tape. I definitely think it would of messed everything up.