Its official...outgrown the tent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dym33, Jun 27, 2020.

1. This is my auto flower blue pyramid day day 67 and 4 weeks into flowering this picture in what it looks like today and the other is what it looked like once it started flowering. Adjustments.JPG
    She officially outgrew the tent and is still growing and won't stop it's like sea focusing on stretching and not the buds. At this point I'm glad she's still growing but I'm kind of worried. The seed bank said it was a 70 day harvest. But many say to add a couple weeks to it but I'm new to this and is very lost. IMG_1983.JPG IMG_1982.JPG IMG_1979.JPG IMG_1980.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. That is strange..I’ve grown a couple rounds of autos and have never seen one stretch like that. Mine always went well beyond the breeders recommended time frame. I’m a newbie though so I’m sure someone else will have some helpful input for you.
    Maybe it’s not an auto seed you received? That’s my only guess. Since she’s outgrown the tent what are you planning to do?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Right now I'm going to switching from my 5 gallon bucket to the 2.5 gallon bucket I also moved my 125watt (actual watts)light and tilted along the back of the tent and bought 2 300watt cfl to place in other corner since the light isn't directly over top. She got burned by the lights. But hopefully this will buy me some time I doubt it though. I also had the same thought maybe it isn't an auto. Only time will tell. IMG_1969.JPG IMG_1977.JPG

4. Is there any way you could throw her outside during the day? I know that’s impractical for most indoor growers but it would help finish her out nicely

• Like Like x 3
  5. I've been thinking about it only thing is I don't have a a privacy gate. Also where I would want to put it I have lettuce,tomorrow and corn growing. I never thought this would be a possibility.

6. I agree with carpenTiger, but also agree that it may not be an option for most people. Still, I’d rather risk it than lose a plant due to tent restrictions. I’d bet my next paycheck she’s a photo and not an auto ..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Im starting to think that as well. This is my first grow. Would that explain how why there's no buds yet? I see more and more pistils everyday but no buds. If anything I will buy a bigger tent.

8. Super crop that biznatch

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  9. Yes , that would explain why she’s budding the way she is. You never switched the light schedule right? If it’s a photo she’s probably wondering what the heck is going on lol.
    Where did you get the seed ?

10. About a month into it I started seeing white hairs so I put her into 12/12 to make sure she was flowering IMG_1789.JPG
    Which she was and ha bee on 12/12 since and the was exactly 30 days ago from today.

Sent from my iPhone View attachment 2814382

11. Yeah I think that you have a photoperiod plant.

12. I'm kind of in the same situation altho mine are in an eight ft tall walk in closet- three untopped plants from clones, vegged for 4 weeks, 21 days of 12/12 in the pics that I will attach...they are over 5ft tall now.
    I gotta wonder if all of the older growth that you have on the lower portion of your plant is stealing nutrients that could be going towards bud formation...at 4 weeks into 12/12 it might be too late to remove that stuff, I dunno...actually, I'm surprised a lot of your lower growth didn't die off on its own.
    I started "lollipopping" mine at about 3 weeks veg, stopped between 2 and 3 weeks of 12/12.

Pics of my 3 at 21 days of 12/12:

Attached Files:

13. Do you care about smell? Just ditch the tent and hang the light if not.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Damn! This is the second time I’ve failed to think to do this lol. But what about the lighting (not grow light) during the 12 hour dark period? I’m sorry if I’m missing something-I like the suggestion and just want to know what I’m not understanding..
    And do you think it’s possibly a photo ?
    amn

• Like Like x 1
  15. I’m optimistic the ruderalis will prevail. If it revegges I’d honestly buy a new tent right away or black out my windows.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yea. If you can, it'd probably be best to just take it out of the tent and dangle your light above it.

17. I was only LSTing her because I thought she was an auto that's what the invoice said but then again we'll see. Today I changed her water and tried to supercrop. And if I didn't say this I'm growing via hydroponic. Also, For the last 30 days it's been in 12/12

18. Sadly, yes I think it's a photo I wish there were ways to out.

19. There is. If you leave the light on for 18/6 and it doesn’t reveg it’s an auto.

I wouldn’t try this route however

20. So after a little super cropping, they found a way to get back to the light IMG_1987.JPG I want to see if I can clone her but I'm new to this and don't want to mess it up.