It's official, Obama will not legalize marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Superjoint, Dec 16, 2008.

1. I'm going to quote this in The OFFICIAL WAY to LEGALIZE MARIJUANA - Obama's Change.gov. :) Good find, superjoint.

2. Damn this is a real day killer, was hopeing we might actually get a worth while awnser.

3. I have a friend who is a close friend of Biden who is going to get me in contact with Biden. So I am trying to change this, not like a college age kid is going to have that much luck. But hey atleast I can try. They both recognize the economy and how we need to stimulate the economy, hopefully they see they can make money from taxation of marijuana

4. Ask him how he feels about the drug cartel situation in Mexico (and here in the U.S.) and what his plans are to do something about it. MJ legalization HAS to at least be considered.

5. One of my friends said Obama was gonna legalize marijuana, I knew it wasnt gonna happen, it wasnt just wishful thinking, it wasnt rational thinking. It wouldn't happen yet. I knew he wouldn't. If I thought he would have I would have voted for him, but I knew he wouldn't. (by the way I did NOT vote for McCain either, I voted third party as I was sick of the whole damn thing)

6. He just needs persuading that this is a BIG deal.

..we know where he lives (the White House) we could learn a lesson from the reformists of the '50s and protest outside his house 24 hrs a day. That might embarrass him enough politically for him to take us seriously.

It seems like people 50 years ago were more willing to risk everything for what they believed in. Today we seem too worried about our careers to even take a stand. I wonder why that is?

7. Maybe because there used to be good paying jobs here in the US that weren't outsourced, factories moved overseas, etc. all in the name of making .5% of the population more rich than they could ever possibly need?? Greed has permeated our country and it is the one thing from the Clinton and Bush years that has had a "trickle down" effect. :rolleyes: Obama promised to help the middle class. We'll see if it happens. How much of a middle class is left to help though? :confused:

8. maybe they'll hook us up with a free speech zone that's within a few blocks of the white house :(

9. I thought our entire country was a free speech zone! :confused:

..looks appealing :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

10. That's almost embarrasing...so yea, you can practice your first ammendment rights, but you have to be fenced in to do it.

I think a rally on D.C is a great idea...it has to be well planned, well organized, and well advertised. If NORML wanted to, I'm sure they could hold an excellent rally and probably be the best group to organize and advertise it.

11. Guys, can we try to consolidate this into the Sticky on this? If we're going to make a stand, we really need to coordinate here on GC.

12. huh? ..this thread was made by the owner of the site :confused:

13. Yep. :) I've added it to the Sticky. Post 32.

14. #15 ThePhantom, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
    That's quite unfortunate, but it doesn't matter. I didn't expect him to be for the movement, or at least not openly. In any case, it's funny how this thread is right below "Officially how to legalize marijuana"

[​IMG]

15. why were you googling pheonix tears?

16. lmao, i second his question.

17. PhoenixTears is the organization for hemp oil, which is the cure for cancer. I actually put that there for the sole purpose of having people ask about it, just so I could mention it. Hemp oil is amazing, check out http://phoenixtears.ca if you haven't already!

18. how did that even answer the questin. there was no definite answer. maybe not legalize, but possibly decriminalize

19. Well, at least we got some media attention... not sure if this was aired before they gave the answer or not, but they talk about the question...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t13IE9jiTi4"]YouTube - Obama's #1 Request; Legalize Marijuana, on Change.org. Colmes Bong Hit?[/ame]