Its Not About The Muslims.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tom79, Jul 3, 2014.

1. I must have missed the "great reply" part.

2. Talk about an ad hominem. I thought the logic and reasoning was sound.

If you care to point out the flaws in her logic with sound reason and not opinions and or ad homs I am all ears.

3. September 11 brought America to its knees? Hahaha!!!
    That was some high quality entertainment.

4. 25% of Muslims are bomb throwing radicals?  If this were true, the world would be a very different place.  Sources please.

Comparing radical Muslims to the Nazis?  Where?  How?

She's glad the moderate Muslim is there, but where are the others speaking out?  And then accuses that student of stealing the limelight when all she did was speak for about 15 seconds, or less.

Wished she's brought 10 moderates along but you know if there were 10 present, the cow would have demanded 20 moderates and on and on ...

She's basically implicated the entire Muslim population because the 1.2 billion aren't out marching against the radical few and we know that most normal people are just too busy or otherwise encumbered to give a shit.  Where all the 300 million marching against the atrocities committed by the US government?  This is similar logic the terrorist used when they attacked innocence on 911.

Grandstanding pig that Hannity drags out every once in a while to rile his red blooded American base to hate and to justify any means necessary to get the Muslims.

That's why Tom liked it.  It fits right in.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it :laughing:

5. damn right it was, i havent had as fun a time betting on death tolls since the okc bombing.

6. Its not about the Muslims. Right wing Jews are only lynching Muslims.in their riots, but its just a coincidence, its not about the fact that they are muslims

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Muslims are expected to lie in defense of Islam.  That's what Allah expects and you delivered.

8. And i thought she was speaking in favor of the islam..

Sent from Israel, the land of the jews.

9. Christians are expected to stone gays, bit I don't see that happening.

Is it so hard to believe that someone born into a religion without a choice might not agree with their religion? That they live in a bad place where its forced on them?

Like in Iran, where a lot the young generation is pretty much like us, sick of religious bullshit stifling them. I actually see hope for that country if they can actually get a regime change going there, because clearly their theocracy isn't universally popular.

11. That's a big 'IF' due to the inevitable reprisal by military forces, who will not hesitate to shoot to kill in the event of a revolution.

That being said, Iranian youth as well as many Iranians are tired of the economic and social restrictions being placed upon them by their theocratic government.

12. And sanctions from the west no doubt

13. And amateur cartoonists calling for war....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Most British Muslims I've met don't come across as very religious at all (many don't care about halal food, drink alcohol, smoke weed, pop pills, sleep around etc), they're just like anyone else really. The few Jewish people I've met were decent enough too. Perhaps not living in a war zone/disputed territory does a lot to improve people's mindsets?

15. #18 Runningw235, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    Generally speaking, her logic was sound. I probably wouldn't agree with her on a lot of  foreign policy, though. 

The fact that a majority of (insert generic group of people) are nonviolent, bears no relevance to the violence and havoc wreaked by some. As she said in the first 30 seconds of her response, nobody but the girl mentioned anything about Islam. I don't see how anything she said was racist either. She mentioned that an estimated 15-20% of Muslims are radical (not "bomb throwing radical" like an  above poster said, who wanted to put words in her mouth). This is likely based on the percentage of Muslims who are Shiites. These people do have very radical beliefs. Stating this fact is not racist or incorrect. 

I did disagree with her assertion that 9/11 brought America to its knees.  Maybe emotionally, but functionally, no.... Really nothing that happens in Benghazi is related to 9/11 considering the fact that the hijackers were Saudi. The girl's comment was just utterly irrelevant to the discussion of our government's actions surrounding the event (which I believe was the  topic of the discussion).

16. Why is she shouting?

The only images I see being pumped are the extremist that want to turn Europe into a Sharia Law zone. Do you think that most British Muslims come across as people willing to pick up and assimilate Western culture?