its like i'm eating/drinking acid

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Fraxy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. almost everything I eat or drink ends up feeling like having really bad acidic burning feeling in my stomach.

I was a vegan for about a year and thats when it started, so I eventually started changing what i been eating, including eating dairy and it's just getting progressively worse. If i drink soda or drink beer, or even any type of tomato sauce and it's almost unbearable.

Any ideas of something to do? I don't have health insurance so a doctors visit isnt likely.

2. sounds like heartburn, but I'm not a doctor.

3. Sounds like heartburn to me, too. I get really bad heartburn which is triggered by everything you mentioned, but I don't usually feel it in my stomach, it feels like acid is creeping up my esophagus and I feel it in the chest/throat area. But my dad has acid reflux and I think he feels it in his stomach.

Buy some Tums and chew one or two whenever this happens. If it works, then I guess you've found your solution, although it's probably better if you took preventive medicine (like Pepcid) before eating rather than waiting for the burn afterward before you take something since frequent heartburn can lead to erosion of the lining of your esophagus. Even if these medications work, you should bring it up to your doctor next time you see them and if those meds don't help you should DEFINITELY go to the doctor.

4. Seriously, i dont think its a big deal, simple over the counter meds would help, but i think a doctor could not hurt...
    Changing what your body intakes, puts the body under alot of stress as it is not use to these foods and or might not be able to support them...
    Doctor is my opinion, hope it helps!

5. Eat more greens like broccoli, kale, mustard greens, and spinach. Cut out tomatoes, coffee, oranges and other citrusy fruits and juices. Do more cardio. Drink more water. Eat more whole grains.