Its it possible to clone a flowering plant?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by tinman87, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Let's say I have a good strain I wanna keep going its been broken in half and the top 4 buds aren't doing anything really while the bottom buds seem to swell. can I root the top?

2. Sure. Hit it with some cloning gel and throw it in whatever you use to clone. It will more than likely root up real nice. You'll have to give it some time to revert back to veg, but it can be done. TWW

3. Thanks man what do u recommend I'm new to cloning
    Prolly use a potato tho

4. you can definitely take cuts from a flowering plant last time I took cuts like 10 days into flower. Ive only used rootech as far as cloning gel goes but it works well. last batch I had 100% with just root riots, a humidity dome, rootech and a 24 w cfl.

5. Ive heard u can take clones up to 3 weeks into flower, is a technique called monster cropping. supposedly after they revert back to veg they bush out better. never done it myself have read about it tho.

6. I did this with my last grow when my plant was about 3 weeks- 4 weeks in flowering after I snapped a cola off on accident. I figured why not make a clone out of it and see what happens?!?! And just like ray83man said it was a lot more bushy than the flowering plant it came off of.
    But why the hell not try it? Worse that will happen is you lose a clone and gain experience from it!!
    good luck and keep us updated!!

7. i just clipped and started a clone from my mammoth, i hear it takes longer to root. but ill keep u guys updated. i ground up a bunch of jiffy pucks for a medium best i could think of to clone in cheaply lol i nipped the top of the bud, maybe a bad idea. but nipping the leaves stops their growth so.....thought it might stop the bud growth. PIc has the clone and a random free seed i got from ordering from nirvana. gonna race them lol

Attached Files:

• rvnr.jpg
      rvnr.jpg
      File size:
      267.6 KB
      Views:
  8. hmm monster cropping, my next toilet read

9. I've monster cropped a few plants. I don't think snipping the top was necessary. It will only add more stress. Monster cropped plants ususlly grow all crazy from the stress anyways. Single and 3 blade leaves are common until the plant fully recovers. If it wasn't for the extra time to clone I like monster cropped plants. They tend to grow real bushy. Yours wasn't that far into flower it probably wouldn't have been too bad. The further into flower the longer the reveg takes.

10. well its not gonna be happy cause not to long after it roots im putting it back into flower. really is just an experiment. doubt i have the time for it to go full term.

11. You'll be good man. Just wait until it starts growing right. Being it was so early in flower it may not stress at all. If it does Its a bad idea to put a stressed out plant straight into flower. It might take a bit longer to grow roots then a plant taken in veg.

12. im on a limited time frame have to leave town for a while b4 itll have time to reflower, was more to see the effects of monster cropping. love doing research and learning everything i can lol.

13. very possible, its called monster cropping! cloning like this can produce hugggge yeilds, could be harder to grow sometimes tho

14. yes I cloned one 4 weeks into flowering, and another 2 weeks into flowering with sucess.
    The one two weeks into flowering rooted and grow real fast.
    The one 4 week into flowering is harder to root but still possible.

Just unfortunately I have to travel oversea for 8 days and my 2 weeks into flowered plant died from dehydration.

the 4 week into flowered plant merely survived and now recovering.

Check it out
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1376...

15. I've got 3 that are day 6 in flower that I want to clone. These are bagseed so I don't know sex...but I want the practice for later on. I've seen pics of cloning...but I can't figure out which stem to take. 2 of the plants need mad trimming to get light to the bottom. I know...post pics....and i will tonight. They are sleeping. But still, if someone can show what to take and what not to take...id greatly appreciate it.

16. I did that my last grow, same time in flower as well. It really was a large thin-single bladed, pistillate mess. It never branched but man it sure grew a load of leaves. None of which would support any kind of bud. If you have the time then stay the course. Good luck

17. That how they get the huge outdoor plants if done right great rewards

18. #18 killset, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015