Its Indie Rock 'n Roll for me...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by phiegnux, Dec 1, 2007.

1. indie/ indie rock is great shit. Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips, Built to Spill, Bloc Party, Dntel, Cake, The Shins and so on. so soothing, chill, funky. the perfect ambiance to a good smoke sesh. who else diggs indie? list some of your fave bands.

2. Two of us, flipping through a thrift store magazine
    She plays the drums I'm on Tambourine
    Bet your, your bottom dollar on me....

I digs me some Indie Rock N' Roll

3. Lately all that ive been listening to are Modest Mouse, The Shins, Flaming Lips, Dntel, and Postal Service.. lovin the indie:hello:

4. Yeah I do also love indie...

Broken Social Scene and Liars are both good bands that you guys might have never heard of

5. Ive listened to Broken Social Scene before there pretty good.. ive never heard of liars though

6. BSS is tha shit. they sound amazing on these new heapdphones i got, i can hear every instrument so clear, beautiful.

7. indie rock is my favorite.

pavement, sonic youth, sebadoh, dinosaur jr., built to spill, my bloody valentine, jesus and mary chain, the lemonheads

8. elliot smith.......

9. yep yep.

when im home alone i get on myspace and just hop from band to band through their top friends and i find so much new music i like that way.

lately its been The Good Life. . . check em out if you like chill music.

oh and 65daysofstatic if you are into gnarly instrumentals/experimental

i actually just torrented a 700 mb folder of random indy bands and thats a good way to browse bands too

10. Apples In Stereo
    Neutral Milk Hotel
    The Microphones/Mount Eerie
    The Halo Benders
    Love as Laughter
    Thanksgiving
    Lync
    The Music Tapes
    Pinback
    Swearing at Motorists
    Ugly Casanova

11. i eat/sleep/breathe indie rock

12. can't forget sebadoh.
    and they were hugeeee stoners

13. wtf is indie anyway? It all sounds the same, so independent rock not really a fitting name for the genre. In fact, the genre of independent rock is an oxymoron.

14. how is it an oxymoron? if you put out records without getting any help from major labels you are indie.

15. no, no, no... the phrase "indie rock" is totally meaningless these days. I mean, talking about "corporate rock" and "indie rock" is just ridiculous- you have to talk about how it sounds to classify it. My Bloody Valentine, for instance, would probably be shoegazing/dream pop. Sonic Youth and Jesus & mary Chain would probably be more alternative rock (even that term is kinda vague because tons of mainstream bands these days call themselves alternative rock instead of describing themselves directly)
    And then all these emo pop-punk bands around these days call themselves indie when they have all the money they need and are totally mainstream.
    just my opinion, i just think

16. How about spending more time listening to the music rather than trying to pigeonhole it into a category