It's going to happen soon...

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by semprfidelis, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Here is a video that basically explains whats going on
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN94u-MiRGE]Weed Wins - Majority Now Favors Marijuana Legalization - YouTube[/ame]

So it's pretty obvious that things have changed in America. The only reason there is still a debate is because the older generations are strongly against it. Even with that poll it looks like our friend Mary J is still in the lead. Colorado and Washington already did it and just recently Rd Island decriminalized it. So what are your thoughts?
    I strongly believe in the next 4 years we will see many changes. Not all states legalized but definitely a positive change :smoking:

2. yes, I let my parents know that it is their generation holding back the legalization. The way I see it is those that were adults before the 60's often still hold the more authoritarian values of the time before freedom became a household word. I have spoken with older folk who will not try cannabis even though it will probably bring them much relief. Basically because it's illegal and due to their brainwashing as children during the Reefer Madness propaganda times. I feel that the older folk will be helped so much with their ailments when legalization is across the board as it will be. This is a segment of the population who could really use it!

3. Yes I and I do hope more of them do see whats going on. I guess you can't blame the old folks because they grew up with no iphones or computers ect with all this news and all they heard was the propaganda. And now days they are only informed by Bill O Riley on Fox news.
    I actually have a friend whos grandma suffers from many things and she finds it hard to even turn a page on a book because of Autherites and the first time I was over there I see her with this little vaporizer just toking it up saying how it helps with the Autherites and many other pains and just lets her free her mind and be happy. Now I don't know about you but i'd rather go out like that then taking all these meds and getting stuck with needles till I die in a hospital.

4. I believe that it will be legalized. Just look at cigarettes and alcohol, they are the reasons for the most deaths in America, but they're legal AND REGULATED. Marijuana does not kill, it does not cause addiction, it does not cause disease or anything like the aforementioned items. There's no way in fuck that the citizens are going to stop pushing for it. And 52% of Americans have already agreed. The shit's getting legal, yo.

5. The rate of death for Americans over the age of 50 is 520.8 per 100,000, and 4,043,978 people turn 18 per year (on average). Over the next seven years and two presidential elections that represents a pretty big population shift.

And that's not counting all the people who will see WA and CO working out, and change their opinions.

6. I really agree with this .

The next 5 to 7 years should be fun :)

7. Yeah, i agree with it too. Looking forward to the coming future

8. 2015 will be a great year for america

9. As the retarded old people die, we get to live :)

10. If you really want to see things change, go register to vote.

When you've registered, start looking at who your senators and congressmen are and their viewpoints, and who funds their election campaigns.

After you figure all that out, get involved with local politicians and make it known that you're a registered voter and what your views are.

Basically what I'm saying is to become informed, involved, and do something other than finger-pointing....

11. * claps loudly*

12. Florida is going to be a bitch to change.. I live here and recently this crackhead started banning the sale of all pipes, bongs, etc. from being sold IN SMOKE SHOPS. I hate people but when an entire state is this fucking stupid it makes me sick to my stomach.. Time to go feel better and spark up a bowl.