It's getting cold and flowers not mature yet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pushu, Oct 22, 2018.

1. I was late in flipping my grow to flower and now it's getting cold and I am concerned my plants won't get to the stage of ripeness I want. I am growing in my barn inside a tent (3'x6'x6') with two led lights. temps are staying in the 40's in the tent and the plants look great - trics are still mostly clear and the pistils are not yet turning dark and withering. I have shut off the fan the exhausts the tent and closed up all vents in an effort to keep as much heat in as possible.
    My question is will the plants keep maturing due to age regardless of the low temps? I would rather not introduce heat into the tent if I really don't have to. The lights don't give off much heat but I could let them run 24/0 if that won't fuck up the flowering cycle? I'm not concerned about it freezing just yet as I probably have a few more weeks before I have to deal with that.

2. to speed it up by a week you can do 10 hours on 14 off. just buy a space heater those tents hold heat and throw a blanket over the tent or a few tarps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. good idea to add a blanket over the tent to hold in the heat better. thanks for that tip
    I hesitate to add a space heater as the tent is so full (3 big plants) that I don't think I could get a heater in there without it touching on the plants

4. My first crop was flowering as temps dropped here. The whole room including the tent was getting down to 55 a 60 at night. The plants slowed right down. I was able to raise the room and tent temp during the day, but that was just the air. Root zone stayed cold and my plants struggled.

Had to change everythin!

Into the 40's... I could see the plant hermi and think winter was here.

5. sounds like I need to add some heat

6. An oil filled heater is best. Nice even warm heat

Its silent as well.

7. I do own one of those - I just need to fit it in

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. can you cut a hole in the tent. connect the heater to a pipe the hot air will come through the pipe. metal pipe. issue with that will be the thermostat but you can just buy a plug in 1. so the heater plugs into it in the tent. here what im talking about. o this unit is in the tent. extension cord hooks to your heater out side then the heater plumbs in. this is for limited room should not cost to much. best thing build a room out of a bunch of 4 by 8 boards make a new room in that barn no need for a tent expand your room

9. I draped a couple of sheets overtop the tent and put the radiant heater in. The plants are very close to it and it might dry them out a bit on that side but they are not touching the heater. Set the heater for as low as it would go
    I went back and checked on it later in the day and it was a comfortable 80 degrees in there... made me want to crawl int there with it

• Like Like x 1