Its funny how one's taste in music can change when you mature a bit..

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CheechMarley420, May 15, 2010.

1. i think op is bullshitting and is just trying to bash rap... oh and rap isnt only about drugs and shit.. but i dont se how you complain about that when your on a drug forum and i dont see how you dont like pussy.. i can understand not liking gangstr stuff.

2. Deck$ter, i think your head is in your ass hole.
    Man i love drugs, but do i think its badass and cool to sell them and kill people for them and talk about how many bricks of coke i "have". No, i dont.
    And im not bashing rap for like the 6th time

And man i love pussy, but theres a big difference between loving getting laid and demeaning women every single time i speak about them

3. from an unbiased standpoint... cheech you look like a fuck tard changing your story a few times. 16 gigs isnt that much esp if it was all the most known mainstream artists like you said. you are just coming off as ignorant to hip hop.

4. I agree with this poster.

5. #45 tokinbud420, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
    You clearly don't know how hard it is to write a good hip-hop/rap song bro.

And did you ever stop to think that maybe the people rap about that because OH SHIT get this! It's what they fucking grew up with. And just because you listen to a bunch of artists doesn't mean shit.

Next time before you stereotype rap as all about money,bitches,and whatever else the fuck you said think about the ignorance of the shit coming out of your mouth.

Glad you don't listen to rap anymore. It's not for the faint of heart.
    :wave:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot50lvOijf0"]YouTube- Blu Maintain[/ame]

Real hip-hop

6. I checked back on this thread because a lot of people I usually notice posting things I can back and agree with are just being rude. Opinions people, and really, back down. Nobody has to have their feelings ruffled when we're all at "home" here. Stand down from the hate.

If the gangster rappers were talkin about selling MJ, more power to them.

If they want to rap about selling meth and coke, they shouldn't. Ever. Period. If you grow up around selling nasty ass drugs that kill people, don't talk about it! Bad influences, false heroes ruin kids that aren't even raised in that kind of enviornment. Sad.

7. For the last time, im tired of people saying i just want to talk shit about rap..
    And i do know how hard it is to write a good rap song, i used to write, all day everyday..

And oh shit! I grew up in a crack house, a trailer, homeless shelters and cars.. I know more about the kind of life rappers have more than a good amount of people...

And there is not one single cool thing about it. Period. Its horrible. Having heroin addict and crack doing parents, i wrote rhymes to get the anger i had out.. But now that im not in that situation anymore, thank God, i play my guitar.. And it take a whole hell of a lot more skill to make up a sick song on guitar than to make a rap

8. Ohhhh shitt.. i just realized something.

This isn't a stoner forum, its a forum filled with 12 year old girls who cant stand the fact im saying something SLIGHTLY bad about what kind of music they prefer...
    Grow up, kids

9. You just won't quit, whatever I'm not going to convince you cause frankly I don't care.

Peace

10. #50 CheechMarley420, May 16, 2010
    Tokinbud, bro, i just honestly want you to know no convincing was needed. I didnt create this thread to convince anyone of anything
    I put my point of view out and everyone tried to convince me why my point of view is biased, and based of pure ignorance. Which it is neither of the two

So im sorry you felt the need to argue, i wish we coulda had a chill conversation

11. So I read through most of this man

Were you just listening to that stuff because it was cool?

My music tastes have changed a lot from when I first started listening to it. The one thing I've noticed is that at the most fundamental level new music that strikes a chord (pun intended) with a person can somehow be traced all the way back to the musical foundation that they had from when they first started listening.

Its kind of interesting...like a music tree

12. where can i read more on this?

13. Ditto... WHERE?:smoke:

14. #54 kshock, May 16, 2010
    you guys...or just mfdoom need to chill the fuck out

so what if someone doesnt like your preferred music genre as much as they used to. stop being so fucking insecure. Whats it to you if someone decides they dont like rap as much as they used to.

I for one completely agree with the OP and dont see why your taking so much offense to it. Rap,for the most part, is a joke. All the same samples are used over and over and takes very little skill to produce a song. Its like ohh cool your the 30th rapper to sample the Lollipop intro congratulations your famous. Not that I dont respect rap, If your out there with an actual band and not some DJ pushing play then mad respect

15. lol, you know lollipop is a stolen beat from jj's song "ecstasy"?

however...

[​IMG]

NOW ITT:

random sex toys:

[​IMG]

Stoned famous people :

[​IMG]

Williams street :

[​IMG]

16. Haha thanks guys...I wasn't sure if anyone was going to get what I was going for so I'm glad you guys did!

Its like all a musician does is develop their "ear" (influenced by what they grew up listening to) and then put their spin on it.

So its like lets say I grew up listening to the Beach Boys and the Beatles. One of their main "things" was the amazing use of harmony. I'm bound to gravitate towards a sound with that type of harmony because thats what my ears been trained to hear. And because of this I'm much more likely to get into 50's R&B and skiffle because that's the harmony that influenced the Beatles, etc etc etc

If you're exposed to garbage...well....

Its kinda cool how everything in the universe is somehow relative

17. I can say i always liked metal.

When i was young i didnt like punk. Then again when i was young i thought mtv bands were what they called punk.. it was more like pop/rock/with some people 'dressing' punk.

Then i saw some real punk bands. the end.

18. Trip Hop
    Hip Hop
    DubSTep

Back in the day i hated all forms of rap
    now hiphops the tits!
    I do love me a good instrumental though!

19. OP: man i have to say that i feel you 100% and elitist rap fans are annoying as fuck. they are the worst. when will people understand that music is personal and insulting other's tastes will do absolutely nothing.

20. And you've proven yourself quite the contrary?

:laughing: