Its funny how one's taste in music can change when you mature a bit..

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CheechMarley420, May 15, 2010.

1. And to settle whoever said i "matured out of rap," thats not what i said or meant. I meant i have matured, and i have realized that there are such better things to worry and talk about than guns, drugs, money and girls. And i have realized all this respect people talk about, is not respect. Personally, i respect someone a whole hell of a lot more if they walk away when some faggot is up in their face talking shit. A lot of people will shoot someone for talking shit.. Leave a mother without her son, have a child be fatherless, force someone to never see their brother again? Simply for saying some words? Thats fucked up no matter how you look at it

2. So basically you matured out of your "thug" mindset?

3. Yes, you hit the nail on the head.. Thats exactly what happened. And i know for a fact if more people in the world did then the world would be a better place

4. damn take the stick out of your ass man

5. It really pisses me of when people talk bad about Hip-Hop. I know you don't know any better but its still doesn't give you the right to talk negatively about it because it makes you sound ignorant. The only reason you hear all that guns,money,& sex is because you haven't dug deep enough to here all that other Hip-Hop. I think before you talk bad about it you need to educate yourself a lot more with Hip-Hop and then if you still feel the same way about it get at me and we can debate on the subject like mature individuals.

And you should check out Count Bass D he produces his own music with actual instruments.:smoke:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkRXHFx3JAE]YouTube - Count Bass D - I Got Needs (1995)[/ame]

6. The OP obviously doesnt listen to hip hop. He says he does but he wouldnt have made a moronic post and tried to correct himself if he really did.

Also instruments? Ever heard of the roots or Heiruspecs?

7. CABNumber, i understand what you're saying. But it really pisses me off how many times in this thread i have been told i know nothing about hip hop and the only reason i think that way is because im ignorant about it.
    Bro, i have listened to many thousands of hours of hip hop, i know of almost every popular, or slightly popular(underground but not STRAIGHT underground) rapper out there...
    Did you read the posts i had in this thread? Come on dude, read up first.. Rap was my number one choice of music until just recently

8. This is a short version of your thread...

"Hey doodz I used to listen to all da rap and shit, but I grown up and matured man b.c. all rap talkz about gunz and money and drugz and hoes. Im so glad Im older than 12 years old so i can listen to other music."

9. not ashamed of any band i liked since 5th grade, now 22... i was always went with the underground music and the bands i was into back then are still fucking awesome today. most notably: Primus.

Sure my taste has changed....but it was never bad :D

10. It doesn't matter that Hip-Hop was your number one choice of music up until just recently. Because like I said in my last post you obviously haven't educated yourself well enough with Hip-Hop If you think thats all it is. And man I hope your not implying I think you know nothing about Hip-Hop because what Im trying to say is that you don't know enough. Just by reading your first post I could tell what was really going on.

11. let me guess you have herd of necro, easham, icp, and all that. i do belive music can keep you stupid but if you have goals dont let music keep u from doing it shit man.

12. CABby, dude, how many times have i said i am 100,000% aware not all rap is about guns drugs money and girls.
    But, am i lying when i say a good majority of it is?

13. dude i agree wit you. most of it realy is and people bitch at me for saying it. but most underground (not faggy ass fall out boys and homo klicks) isnt about any of that. look at kmk or twiztid yea they rap about drugs and shit but if you realy listen they just want you to know that this aint realy life and be yourself live life and shit like that. shit (lol i love typing shit rite now im so hi) but to all that mainstream bullshit its all well bullshit. keep it under ground and keep it real. everyone who dissagrees go look up potluck, kmk (kottonmouth kings) twiztid, or anything that is realy underground and youll see maybe not at first but just give it a listen

14. I don't agree with what your saying but I understand what you mean. Because at the end of the day it really comes down to how much you know and how much Hip-Hop you have listened to through out your life, I personally have listened to enough Hip-Hop artist to think differently about it.

15. The OP continues to look stupid. First he says that all hip hop is about the same thing, then he says 80% is, then he says well most of it is. Dude just listen to the hip hop that isnt bad. There are just as many rappers saying decent stuff as there are shitty ones saying shitty stuff.

Dont try to act all high and mighty just b.c. you started to listen to other music. You're an idiot if you are just now listening to other genres. I like rock, techno, acoustic guitar, and a tiny bit of country, but you dont see me bragging about how i like other music. Listen to good hip hop and stay away from the bad. Its pretty simple you damn moron.

16. #36 CheechMarley420, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    Dude, you guys, never fucking mind. Is all you guys like to do is argue? When i posted this i just wanted someone to reply, say, "i know what you mean" and then we could talk about some good music because i just got my wisdom teeth out today and im bored out of my skull..

And as well, i meant this to be a statement from the heart. Lately ive been changing into what i believe is a better person.

Lets not say hip hop then haha, ill say gangster rap. There, replace everytime i said rap or hip hop with fuckin "gangster rap". A good amount of people who listen to gangster rap on a regular basis do believe that its cool to talk shit, shoot people, sell drugs, and call girls hoes and sluts every time you speak about them. Also, for some odd reason, i have been in altercations with more than one african american and many whites that literally believe the fact they have been in jail is cool.

Ok so im high on vicodin, and a little baked. Im praying i dont get dry socket hahah. So if anyone continues to be disrespectful, im out... And if you read this and still think im a prick then hey, thats all you. I sincerely was never trying to be an asshole. And mfdoom, your signature honestly sums up the whole thing i've been trying to say

17. Man Im sorry you feel that way but Im not arguing with you Im just giving out my opinions, and yeah I understand on you giving up on some music to better yourself I know what it feels like. So what your trying to say is that you agree with what KRS-One is saying that rappers and MC's are to different things?

18. trolling is fun

19. You cats need to chill.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0NCeRcUVXY"]YouTube- The Cookie Monster Rap[/ame]

20. That's good man. Not a big deal...

Keep listening to music. Enjoy.

Aesop Rock//Gift of Gab//Del