Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Its fun to think

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BluntTrama, Apr 10, 2010.

1. So the other night we were sitting around a fire at my buddy's house and I was looking up at the sky. first I found the big dipper then I realized how small me are. I mean, we are in one tiny little piece of a city, in a county, in a state, in a country, on a one planet, in an entire universe, and then there is other universes out there. ITS SOO HUGE! it's crazy to think about.

And the other day I was over at another friends house and I was playing with a candle. It was one of the glass candles that seals real good. So fire needs 3 things to burn fuel, oxygen and spark, when you put the lid on a candle the candle burns the oxygen out of the glass container, causing it to go out. So blood in your veins is blue until it hits oxygen and then it turns red, So if you but a little pool of blood into a burning candle and put the lid on it SHOULD burn up all the oxygen and turn the blood back to blue right? Makes sense to me but i don't know. What do you think?

2. well its things like that, that made einstien such a great man

3. #3 weedandbombs, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    Blood is dark red. Its not blue.

Also, I'm pretty sure it would do the same exact thing it does if you cut yourself and let the blood dry... The red blood cells break down and harden, leaving crusty stuff...

4. Blood comes out of the heart blue goes through the body and picks up oxygen and turns bright red then picks up wastes and turns dark red then it gets back to the heart and gets new blood. That's why some varicose veins are red and others are blue. That's it simplified anyway.

Sammy

5. it won't go blue again, i don't think you can get the oxygen de-attached from the hemoglobin like that. it'll probably go black and break down till there's just the blood plates left.

6. No, that's incorrect.

Blood is not blue. It is dark red.

Human blood is red because of the iron in the hemoglobin. This gives red blood cells their red colour.

The only reason veins look blue is because of the way light reflects off our skin.

I did find this blurb online on an ask a biologist site:

7. Makes you think what's beyond the universe, if the universe even has an end.

So far there's just theories that there is an end, and that there are many other universes much like ours. When the clash together, they form a BIG BANG.

If you went in one direction in the universe, you would end right back where you started. Much like how it works with planets, except in an open area of all angles. It's almost impossible to imagine how that would work. Just like the whole space time continuum, how exactly does something so big suck other things towards it? We call that gravity, but we don't even know what gravity is. We don't fully understand it.

8. Doubt it would work because im pretty sure oxygen chemically bonds to haemoglobin which means it wouldnt just get used up as the candle burns.
    A nice thought though.

9. You didn't seem that smart on the Goonies... + rep

10. wow, really pay attention in science class and you will know how small we are.

11. blood is never blue. its represented as blue and red in diagrams to show oxygen levels.