Its been a while

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jtrain252, Apr 14, 2020.

1. 4/10/2020 Hey guys ill be starting as soon as my seeds arrive from herbies in the upcoming week.
    I have a 2 story detached garage that ill be placing a tent into. Ill give you guus the full run down of my setup i enjoy thoughts and feedback of any sort.
    Tent is a 2ftx2ftx5.5ft dr60. I have a 4in 135cfm extraction fan connected to a carbon filter exhausting out of one of my eaves. 5 gallon lowes bucket wrapped in hvac tape with a sight tube. Ill be using a 6in net cup lit filled with growstones that were soaked in 5.5 ph water. Along with a 1.tin rockwool cube. My air pump is a ebay special 736gph pump with 2 airlines and 2 air stones. Light is a ebay special 600 watt 268 true watt blurple led. In the next couple days ill be finishing my insulation install on the ceilings. My nutes are gh maxi grow and maxi bloom along with calmag, hydroguard, and rapid start. I plan on usimg Ro water as my tap comes out to 235ppm. My seed is an autoflower northern light x big bud combo. Im very excited to start and ill be aiming for a solid 4ounces if not more from this 1 plant. Any help, suggestions, comments would be great

Attached Files:

2. Ok so update
    Still waiting on seeds l, today i finished insulating the left side of the attic. Tent is up and running new 730gph pump is running. I tool my grow stones and put them underneath the netpot in 5.5ph water to soak all day. I meed a new set of hangers so i can move the light and i need to hopefully finish the other side of the attic. Its 50f outsidd and 60 in the sttic with the intake fan going
    And about 67 in the tent with the light on so not bad

3. Took 3 weeks, but its done wouldnlove any feedback. I know that my bubblebucket only will hold about 3.5gallons so i was thinking of puttinf another 5 gallon outside the tent with a on off valve that i can open up to fill the bucket and premix. I think itll work what you guys think. 20200419_152036.jpg 20200419_152243.jpg 20200419_134439.jpg 20200419_134455.jpg 20200419_134413.jpg 20200419_134421.jpg 20200419_152022.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok seed is leaving new york customs hopefully monday.
    Everything ia ready to go i also uograded my light to a hlg135.

So i was pretesting some measurements. I took maxi grow out.
    The figures i got and if they seem wrong let me know are:
    1/4tsp Maxigrow =0.3 ec
    Which seems on week 2 what ill start dosing her with. Im a little confused though with calmag....when your using ro should i be going fill tilt from begining to end at 4ml per gallon (gh calmag) or do u guys cut it. Is there a certain EC i should keep it within.

Also if i want a plant to be an ec of 1.00 do i knclude supplements and calmag along with ny main nutrient or is 1.00 what i shoot for with maxigrow and the add everything else

5. not sure whose watching but SEEDS ARRIVED TODAY. got 5 extreme impact heavyweight autos, 1 gorilla glue auto, 1 zkittles photo fem and a free delicious marmalate.

I took one heavyweight seed out. I took a set of paper towels folded them in half twice. Then took my tap water which is 0.4ec and phd it down to 6.0
    Sprayed the papertowels until they were wet but not dripping. Sandwhiched her in the middle then placed inside a ziplock bag. That bag was then put on a paper plate and sealed ontop of my router.
    Its 3:15pm i will check her tonorrow at 3 each day until she pops.

Once she pops i have a 1in rockwool cube that ill put her in that will be phd to 5.6 and then the cube will sit inside a tupperwear container under my grow light until she sprouts through.

I do need a better ph meter i have a 10 dollar yellow ebay meter that i keep having to adjust. Just dont wanna spend 80 bucks 20200428_151219.jpg 15881020463892832944533057445623.jpg

6. 20200501_122735.jpg 20200501_122754.jpg 20200501_122808.jpg been 3 days seed hasnt cracked but ahe does sink in a cup hopefully soon sigh

7. I’ll sit in. Unfortunately, I’m probably not much help. I’m more interested in seeing your set up running with autos. I run in coco now, but have been kicking around DWC for a while. Have you had any prior experience with heavyweight seeds? They have some sweet looking strains, but I know very little about them. May the taproot gods be with you. Cheers

8. no first time with this strain ive only ever had th bubblegum auto..which gave me 5oz. just waiting for her to pop the bubblegun took 2 days im on day 3 and nothin so hopefully by tomorrow if i go 5 days inmight have to try again

9. I’m praying to the taproot gods with you my friend. I have a Nirvana jock auto that has been down for three days. I popped her after pitching a widow auto that didn’t crack after six. I am waiting on a big order from seedsman, but I figured I would run out some of my old auto seeds while I waited. These are just over a year old. Silly me, just got the notice that the new stuff should be here in a few days now. Just like everything else I suppose, you get a little better every time you screw up. Puffing one with you in spirit…let’s see some babies!

10. day 4 no cracking

everytime i open the ziplock i get a weird stinky feet smell, i replaced the paper towel (i thinknitbqas too wet i wrung it out and water came out.) so new paper. towel wrung it wrapped seed back up and placed in tupperwear over router ....if it doesnt pop tonorrow i may drop another seed

11. sounds like a dud to me.........BUT IM HOPING FOR DA BEST!!!

12. wll still hasnt gone so i took my second seed which ha been in water for 10 hours and sank

i put it inbetwee. then wrung out papertowels and stacked styrafoam plates around it and placed it under my grow light. tent under light is 80f ill check her tonorrow if this one doesnt crack then im doing something wrong

13. ok checked her today after 2 days , and she sprouted a tail finally. so. my growstones have been soaked in 5.5ph solution, my rockwool cylinder also soaked in 5.5ph solution for an hour then i shook it for a second. placed her tail down inside put stones around her and placed her under the light. im going to top feed her tap water at 5.9ph once a day [about a shot glass worth 2oz] until i see roots out the bottom. hopefully by sunday. and then boom dwc will start 20200504_121213.jpg 20200504_121456.jpg 20200504_122115.jpg 20200504_121742.jpg 20200504_122108.jpg

14. checked rockwool today still damp i gave it a couple sprays from my bottle. when i get home from work at 5pm ill give her a dose of 2oz water.
    i have a little over 3 gallons of rowater in her which just touches the bottom of the pot. rockwool is about halfway in the net pot. ph set to 5.7 and lights are on 24/7. i can see the shell pushing through the cube im hoping in the next ten hours she pushes through. taproot is still in rockwool cube and is about 1.5inches in length. i am doing my best to not drown her 20200506_082353.jpg 20200506_082356.jpg

15. Looking good man. I didn’t have as much luck as you with my second. It didn’t pop either. So much for old seeds. Popped a new pineapple express auto. Looks like she’s going to break ground tonight. Cheers

16. I have a pineapple express auto growing on my thread here too

17. Ok...so was it on day 2 or day 5??????

18. it was her second day technically i gave up on 1st seed.

19. day 4 above ground

after drowning her a little she recovered and everything seems ok

root is poking out of the bottom of the netpot. i wanted to use the new one when it arrives with the channel but its not getting here until friday and if she roots into the growstones i dont want to move her i put a lid to get rid of light going to res.not sure how long before she roots out the net pot. i have the water touxhing the bottom of the netpot so its sbout inches away from roots through growstones

res, control bucket and dwc bucket are 5.7ph with an ec of 0.7. (0.4 calmag 0.3 maxigrow)

yayyy i think i can i think i can 20200512_201959.jpg