It's bad you know....

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by waterhead69, Apr 6, 2016.

1. During a Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control hearing Tuesday about how the Department of Justice is monitoring the effects of marijuana legalization in states like Colorado and Washington, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) bemoaned that years of work “trying to send that message with clarity that good people don’t smoke marijuana” hasn’t resonated.
    Sessions has a history of being virulently anti-cannabis. After President Obama said pot is less dangerous than alcohol in a 2014 interview, Sessions cited a one-person sample to make the case Obama was wrong.
    “Well, Lady Gaga said she is addicted to it and it is not harmless. She’s been been addicted to it,” Sessions said during a hearing. “I just think it’s a huge issue. I hope that you will talk with the president, you’re close with him, and begin to push back, or pull back, on this position that I think is going to be adverse to the health of America.”
    Tuesday’s hearing, called by Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), was criticized by marijuana reform advocates for serving as little more than a forum for the two oldest members of the Senate and those who think like them to reiterate their anti-marijuana views. For instance, despite federal data indicating that legalization hasn’t led to a significant increase in marijuana use among youth in affected states, Feinstein said cannabis use has “escalated dramatically in the states that have legalized marijuana.” Her claim wasn’t challenged.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Senators appear to have a shelf life...
    I think we should start euthanizing them at a certain mental capacity for their own benefit... And ours...

• Like Like x 6
  3. One of our "rule makers" in NC said marijuana leads people to hades. Not even hell lol. Hades

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hope all these old reefer madness politicians die off and let the revolution begin.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #6 zmessengerz, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  6. All of you have a choice to vote out the old farts. If the young generation ever really got out and voted then weed would have been legal a decade ago, no two decades ago.

7. #8 zmessengerz, Jul 18, 2016

8. The quasi legalization being implemented in some US states right now is clearly just a ploy to enable the wealthy to make even more cash and increasing their incentive to bust the little guy for growing some personal and a little for his friends.

9. #10 zmessengerz, Jul 20, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  10. Weed should be sold at the farmer's market tax free as the vegetable it is.

11. #12 zmessengerz, Jul 20, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 zmessengerz, Jul 20, 2016