It's almost like someone back from the dead.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mikeee420, Jun 23, 2010.

1. #1 Mikeee420, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    Hey GC :wave:

Well I had a 32g iTouch, got it from my parents for Christmas of '08. I had it and loved it up until about July of '09 when one day myself and 3 good friends were cruisin, smoking some very heady nug, white rhino according to the dealer. Well after smoking, we went to Village Inn, a restaurant in my city. I left it in the car when we went it. Halfway through the meal, I had to leave because I was going out of town for the weekend. Stoned as hell, I left without remembering I left the iTouch in my friends car. Well, halfway back home to get my bags to go out of town, I realized I left it in his car. So I called him and asked where he was. He replied that he was still in Village Inn with my other 2 friends. I told him I left my iTouch in his car and to jsut hold it safe for me.. I really thought I could trust this guy, he was a good friend of mine. Well, I get a txt like 20 minutes later saying he cant find it , and if I was sure I left it in his car. I KNEW I left it in there. He then said that the back windows of the car were down, maybe someone stole it. So, I was very saddened at losing my $400 iTouch that my parents got me. However, the story is not yet over.

2 days ago, I was cruising with 2 friends, me sitting in the backseat. I was stoned as SHIT. For some strange reason, I stuck my hand into the back pouch of the passenger seat, and I felt something slim. I pulled it out, realizing it was an iTouch. I thought it was my friends, so I looked at the back to see what size it was. 32g! And what do you know, it has a little dent right below the 32g mark just like I remember mine. So I turn it over, and BOOM I get a feeling that this iPod looks REALLY familiar. The reason I felt this was because I had put a screen cover on my iTouch, and when I did it I screwed up and put it off center, so dirt collected in certain spots. So, I pocketed the iTouch.

I came home that night, and searched through my drawers for my old iTouch box. I charged up the iTouch, and went to general setting to view the Serial Number. I compared it to the one on my old box.. and what would you know?!!! They matched! :eek:

I have a mix of emotions now. I'm stoked to have my iTouch back, but pissed that my 'friend' would pull this bullshit on me. The friend's car I found the iTouch in was not even in the country the day I lost it in my other friends car back in summer '09, so I know it wasnt him that took it. What Im thinking is that one of the other 3 friends took it and sold it to this other friend... and he didnt even know it was stolen or anything.

Now after typing out that entire story, I have a question for you grasscity.
    Should I take any action? Should I tell my 'friend' that took it something? Or should I just stay quiet about it. I've already been ignoring him.. but I kinda want to tell him something. Well, if you've read this far, thank you

EDIT: Oh and the screen is kinda messed up now.. it has like a few little scan lines in the middle, and the background is plain black and can't be changed. One friend suggested I tell him to pay for the damage, but at this point I really could care less, Im just happy to have my iTouch back after all this time.

2. so he stole your ipod over a year ago, still has it, you found it and took it back without saying a single word to him?

should of been like wtf is this???

3. Well the friends car I found it in was a completely different person, and he was in Europe that entire summer so he wasn't involved. And you know how you have to name your iPods so it says like "Bob's iPod" or some shit like that? Well it said someone different , another friend but in that same group of people. SO its obvious that someone just left it in his car. Im like 99.9% positive I know who it was out of the 3 people there on that day..

4. Pretty crazy. I guess you could just pocket it and not say anything, but then if they see you with it all the sudden they'll probably ask you about it and if the guy who owned it finds out you stole it back hes still gonna be pissed because he paid for that shit.

5. Why wouldn't you just ask him where he got it?

6. Whats that kid gonna do though? All he has to do is show him the box with the serial numbers and confront him for stealing.

7. Yeah exactly.. The guy can get as pissed as he wants, I dont give 2 shits lol. If anything Il tell him to take it up with the guy he got it from, the guy who stole it from me.

8. :confused: How do you figure the other guy paid anything?? :p

@OP I wouldn't say anything, but I would use it in plain sight. It could be interesting to see the reaction (s). :devious::smoking:

9. Second this. Don't mention it to anybody just use it at your leisure around them. If they want to confront you for stealing their shit you have the box and serial number to prove them wrong.

10. You have your iTouch back, that's the important thing. Light up a bowl, and deal with the rest later.

11. Step 1. Show your friends the matching serial numbers
    step 2. Tell them to go fuck themselves
    step 3. Find new friends

12. this.

13. fight emmm :smoking: