It's all a myth

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by perm dogg, Jul 25, 2007.

1. I've been told so many things that are suppose to be sure signs and turned out being B.S. Here's a few:
    # 1 Myth- Males grow tall and lanky while females grow bushy and shorter.
    I had a beautiful plant for months that was all a female was supposed to be and it's a male!!
    # 2 Myth- If it turns color and smells skunky it's surely a female.
    My little asshole was purple all over!!
    # 3 Myth- Females have 7 to 9 leaves and males usually only have 5.
    Guess what? Wrong!!
    Thank you for allowing me to vent, now I'm not exactly an amateur, but can somebody tell me some real facts? :eek:

2. im with you on that. This year i had a pretty bushy ass plant that had 11 leavers and that bastard turned out to be male. The truth is you really can't tell until they've either reached sexual maturity or start flowering.

3. It's not a myth. It's a generalisation.

If you grow a load of plants together, the faster growing, taller ones will often turn out to be the males.

Who told you this crap, and more to the point; why would you believe it?

Colour changes can be brought on by temperature fluctuations or nutrient deficiencies.

That must have hurt. Use more lube next time. ;)

Ya don't say!

:rolleyes:
    You're right. You've a long way to go to gain amateur status.

Sure;

The ant, when intoxicated, will always fall over to its right side.

A snail can sleep for three years.

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

If you'd read this sticky thread on sexing, you wouldn't have wasted so much time with your male.

:D

4. Hey man, I was just being hopeful and got jacked on the whole deal, now I see your some kind of damn chronic scientist which I respect, but don't admire so you don't need to give me your philosophical bullshit sarcasm, but I went to your thread and seen some detailed and explanatory pics, nice job, get them floating around the net for other first time outdoor growers.

5. Damn, I'm sorry about that man, thanks for being civilized on the reply, but I think you're absolutely right, if it aint harry, fuck it, you win some you lose some, but hope for the best. ( Try the S.O.G. Method to start and get them outside at the right time, you may be able to get a yield or two still before it's too late.) Good luck!!