It's about time I jumped on the macro bandwagon [New lens]

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Durchii, Aug 28, 2007.

1. I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

Ever since I got into shooting, I've had an affinity for macro photography. Bugs, bees, little tiny trees. I didn't care. I wanted to see and shoot it all. Only just now have I gotten my hands on a true blue macro lens for my 30D! Not a moment too soon, either, as I've been pretty lazy these past few weeks. Those days are gone. Hello world, I'm back in business.

Enough of that. The lens itself is a Canon 100mm F/2.8 Macro and I've learned two things while out shooting today; One, Photography has killed my fear of flying insects. Two, I'm never taking my dog on an insect shoot again. He ruined at least twenty shots by scaring the subject away. Fucking guy is fixing to be euthanised. :p

Anyway, I only have one shot edited for you guys, but I figured I would give you a head start on what's to come. This lens isn't coming off for a long time.

:D

[​IMG]

2. Nice! I love the colors in the subject, they all accompany each other so nicely, and how you angled everything. The asymmetry of the overall shot and imperfection in the petals adds up for a beautiful photo. Nice shot.

Have fun with the new toy :D :D

3. Thanks man!

Here's another shot of the same flower. I kind of hate the script I'm using.. It's all right, but I want a different one. Any recommendations?

[​IMG]

4. What species of flower is that, it's beautiful!

5. It's actually a tiny little weed that blooms all year around here. They grow about an inch off the ground and are usually stepped on by everyone. I typically hate them. Even the bees hate them. These one's caught my eye because they were purple though, so I grabbed a few shots.

Don't let the picture fool you, they're only about an inch across in real life.

6. Hey Durch. I love #1 the best, perfect job finding the most interesting part of the flower, colors work really well. I would love to see some of your bugs...anxiously awaiting pixs:D I have a 2 year old pug puppy who would love to come out with on my macro nature shoots, no way. Fucking dragonflies are skittish enough when they see a guy creeping up with a big ass camera, lens, and flash.:)

7. I hear ya. Fucking bees are skittish enough without my dog. He's staying home next time.

8. P.S. I'm going out bug shooting again tomorrow. Hopefully I come back with something.

Hang in there!

9. I come bearing gifts of insects!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come!

10. This shot has no artistic merit whatsoever, but this is one ugly fucking moth. He must have been about half an inch long, to give you an idea of the shots this lens is giving me.

[​IMG]

11. Damn, that's impressive stuff man! I've been meaning to get a macro lens adaptor for a long time for my Nikon d50... maybe for christmas haha.

12. Go for it! This is by far one of the best investments I've made for my camera. I'm officially addicted.

:p

13. The bee is sexy :p

14. Lens was almost made for pets;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Squrrels dig me, I guess;

[​IMG]

16. These are awesome Durchii. Your right, these days, my macro lens is pretty much permanantly attached to my camera.:D

17. wow shots are awesome durchii as always... cant wait to get my cam, whichever one it is.

18. Thank you both, really!

Here's my very first spider. You wouldn't believe how small this thing was;

[​IMG]

19. Flower child, anyone?

[​IMG]

20. i've always loved macro photography also...

i really need to look into a lens.

how much did that cannon set you back?