Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Its about that time

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by gwarek, Jul 21, 2009.

1. I've been saying for the past few sacs that it was going to be my last sac.
    I'm tired of lying to myself, so thats why i'm putting the bud down for a while.
    It's nothing like it used to be. All it is now is an expensive habit and i hate it.

I need to learn some more self control. I hope this break helps me achieve that.
    Wish me the best of luck GC companions =]

if anyone has some suggestions on what helps them keep a clear mindset please do offer advice

2. I'm just gonna say enjoy sobriety. Take special note of the changes it causes in how you think and what memories you recall without weed.

get some melatonin for sleep

make it past day 1 and it's all much easier.

reward yourself at the end and come back with a bang. grab up some funk and throw it in a bong. Coming off a tbreak is like being reborn. It's hard to imagine how much better it really can be and once you get ripped as hell it just makes you want to smoke less so you can experience that more. Sometimes I'll smoke all my weed chasing the next plateau but to no avail when in reality all I would have to do would be to put it down for a few days.

3. Shouldn't be too hard and you'll have a lot more fun with weed when you go back to it.

You may have A LOT of trouble sleeping though, I recommend melatonin, or something stronger if you can find it (Ambien is ok, Restoril works wonders for me daily).

4. Good luck with your t-break, man. Just look forward to getting super blazed again and remember that it doesn't take longer than a couple of weeks.

5. Def. get some sleep aids. That's one thing I've learned the hard way.

Also try to not think about bud. Don't have it be what you look forward to, because if you're on a t-break your not gonna get it so why look forward to it.

Confide it other things like social activities, or music, or sports, or working out.

6. #6 flashlight, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
    yea....i got to that point once too...then about a month later i realized i was denying a huge part of myself and what im about and started smoing daily. i have been happy i made the change for a full year and 2 weeks....in tnat time i had to take 2-3 t-breaks due to a job change and a run in with the law, but only for about 2 weeks each....other than that i smoked 2-? times a day every day...about 1/4 a week...i acepted that weed actually helps me in a lot of ways for add its way better than vyvanse, for anxiety, for sleep, for torn rotator cuff...u dont hate weed, your just letting yourself think its controling your life instead of thinking, wow, i love weed in my life bc a. b. c. etc...

that mindset change has changed my life for the better and i cant ever see myself quitting. ill be moving to colorado to get a mmj card in the next year.

you do have to form a sort of self control though when you decide to smoke daily. ive gotten to the point where i can smoke in the morning b4 work, etc so you have to watch yourself. i travel often so i get random breaks of 2-3 days which is nice sometimes. you dont notice it when your on the road and when you get back its like heaven on earth. you just have to know when and when not to smoke until you are comfortable enough to smoke all the time.

7. I almost said the same thing today but I still have a quarter to burn. I didn't want to give it away or let it just sit there. So maybe after this 1/4.

8. Chaaa I need to take a break.
    It's been since about January :p

We only have a bit of this 1/4th though, so after this.
    =]

9. i would recommend staying off the GC forums during your time away. at least for me, i know when i visit the board it always makes me want to get baked.

10. "sleep aids"? People today... :rolleyes:

The healthiest way to curb your withdrawal symptoms is exercise. It will boost your appetite and make you sleepy. Eat turkey.

How often do you smoke? You don't need to go cold turkey, you can just limit when you smoke, ie only at night... or something.

11. I'd say just focus on other things that make you happy, especially when they're things you don't normally do because of smoking. I'm on a Tbreak myself, and I just ran and worked out and I feel great. Work through whatever issues you have where you feel the need to take a break, and jump back into the herb whenever you're comfortable. Good luck brah.