It's a girl!

Discussion in 'General' started by experimentalist, May 29, 2009.

1. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Our daughter is now 2 3/4, her 3rd B-Day is in October.

Best advice I can give you is to get as MUCH sleep as you possibly can while you can get it. it's true the first couple of days she'll be sleeping an awful lot (moving from that nice warm wet womb into the real world is HARD man), but after the first week or so she'll be up at odd hours, demanding to be fed...

Here's some other safety tips:

Unless your parents have RECENTLY had a baby or another grandbaby, don't bother listening to their "tips" such as whiskey on the gums, sleeping on their stomach, etc. The stuff that was cool back when you were a baby is no longer valid anymore. Rather, talk to other parents of BABIES

Networking is great, there are some great parenting blogs out there, check out the "Daddy Blogs" that are out there.

Don't ignore your daughter when she's crying, it means she wants attention, and it's not really good for them to "cry it out". That's old-fashioned nonsense. Right now Crying is the only way she has to communicate, so it means something when she does it.

You aren't going to break her, so while you need to be careful with her, you don't have to hold her like an egg. Eventually she's going to get hurt unfortunately, don't over-protect her like so many other parents want to do. That doesn't mean you neglect them and watch the fall down stairs, but not EVERYTHING in the world is dangerous.

Good luck and of course, congratulations.

2. congratulations!

and what a beautiful baby!

3. She's so beautiful!

4. Nice congrats!

She is perfect looking, almost like a cabbage patch kid:cool:

5. aww she looks adorable!!!
    Congrats dad!!:D

6. congratulationssss! :D

7. Well a big heartfelt thank you to everyone for your comments! It's been a fantastic
    ride so far, and it's only been six days.

Thanks everyone :) Keep that good advice coming!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

8. beautiful baby girl you have, man.
    many congratulations. many blessings.
    spoil her every chance you get. -york

9. Congrats man, no advice except enjoy it all you can (but you already knew that).

10. Yeah, it's pretty much like that for awhile. Even now when my daughter says new things, or does new things it gets pretty exciting. But the new baby stuff will wear off soon, so enjoy it while you can.

11. oooo...sho shwweet!
    Hearty congratulations to both ov u!!!

12. Yeah it's starting to get a little "routine" but it's still been great. Last night she held my
    thumb in her hand while she drank and stared up at my eyes, it was great haha.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

13. A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to the new Daddy and Mommy!

Not much I can add besides that, but you'll be just fine.

Shes simply beautiful, sleeping like an angel.

14. congrats friend! best of luck and wishes to you :smoke: