its a girl?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fenabar, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Less then a week at 12/12 and I am seeing a few of these. Am I right and those are pistles?

Attached Files:

2. Umm.. what pistols?

3. Can't get a pic with enough contrast :-( at those junctions are what look like single hairs..

4. That one little thing sticking up? No, that is not a pistol, just part of your plant, all your nodes should have those little leaf things.

5. nope, those are stipules. all cannabis plants have them.

6. Ok thanks. These white widow pants have been a bit nuts. Over night they would grow up into my cfl's. I had to move the lights constantly and as a result they stretched like crazy. Now it seems everything is oversized on them.

7. the stretching indicates that you kept moving the CFLs too far away - or the ones you used were just way too weak/too few.
    a good way to use CFLs is to keep them 1-2 inches (slightly more for the rly big CFLs) away from the plants and have a fan blow at the lamps. absolutely no chance of burning, very little stretch. if the plants grow too close the the CFLs, the only thing thats gonna trouble them is the wind, they dont even get burnt if they touch the lamps.

8. What do you mean by the wind?

9. I call air movement wind even when its from a fan, got a problem with that? :<

10. Those are called stipules. If you look behind the stipule on the branch root you may find a pre-flower look at the main stem about half way to the top, check all the branches. I often find single female flowers at 30 days or so under 24/0.

mj:smoking:

11. I have a thread called mutant plant with this info on it. But let me clarify. I am in a greenhouse. The sun was lower on the horizon and didn't come directly in here at first. No prob get extra light. 2 4' cfl grow lights. I set it about an inch or less from the plants. During the time they were on they were fine. Night came, I put put the lights. Next morning the plants were touching the bulbs. I got another light to add a little more. Same thing. Finally I put a wire SCROG on my wall. When the plant hit it I bent it over. It didn't like that. It twisted itself into what looked like a drain trap. That wasn't enough though. She twisted herself so hard she broke her stem. That's when I finished my rDWC system and put her there with a nylon net.