IT'S A GIRL!! Did I start my trimming to late?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JBright, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Hey I went out to trim my cannabis for the first time and notice after I cut a few bottom leaves that the plant was actually pre flowering I started seeling white pistil. I was wondering if I shocked my plant and if it will hermie =(

Attached Files:

2. Leave the leaves it's actually bad for the plant to trim them especially that early

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well its too late now, I trim a small amount off before I noticed. I hope it didn't fuck it up. I was told by a another grower to prune the bottom because it wouldn't get light. I'm using the cuttings for clones. Hope it takes off.

4. You're fine. The plant is not going to hermie on you. People make to much drama out of basic things like this.

• Like Like x 5
  5. My first grow, and everything I read like techniques to use all can result in hermie so I'm like man is weed really that susceptible to hermieing

6. Like I said to much drama and not enough real world experience with a lot of what you can read out there. I take off bags worth of small branches, leaves and popcorn bud sites on my plants during my grows and have never had a plant hermie.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You were told wrong. Pruning can be a part of training and shaping, but to just randomly cut leaves off makes no sense at all. However, they're not going to hermaphrodite up on you just from pruning them

8. It wasn't random leaves I was removing the under leaves that would get no light. But I stopped just gonna let her do her thing.

9. You are fine. I did a heavy trimming on my plants while 2-4 weeks into flower. Trimmed all the lower / inner stuff that wasn't going to yield anything. Now I got huge beautiful buds on top.