It's a Boy, Mrs. Walker, It's a Boy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OldSkool1010, Aug 5, 2007.

1. A son! A son!

I have finally gotten the evidence I need to determine the gender of this plant. We found this plant growing at the edge of the patio while picking things up to mow on the summer solstice. I dug it up and planted it in a nice bucket of soil and it grew nicely. I was hoping to grow a different variety of MJ from the sativa that I already have. Too bad, it was looking like it could make some nice indica buds if it were a girl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You gonna save some of the pollen or cross it?

3. No, I'm going to leave breeding to folks who have certified strains and who know what they're doing. I only have one plant in flower and I don't want to mess with that. Besides, momma said, "kill the boy."

[​IMG]

4. tough luck man. props for the Who reference though ;)

5. Thanks for commiserating. It would have been too good. The one seed (out of three) that germinated turned out to be a very nice (so far) sativa type female. Then, we found that plant growing wild at the edge of the patio. If it had been a girl too I'd know that the canna gods were with me.

I do have my original girl well into flowering, and 5 cuttings growing like weeds.
    [​IMG]

6. whats the size of the pots your plants were being grown in?

7. Hey, thanks for reviving one of my first threads.:)

The big containers are 5 gallon "homer paint buckets" and the small pots are 10".

The biggest plant in the group-shot is in a 5 gal. bucket that I sank down into a hole because the plant/bucket were too tall and was poking above a 6' privacy fence.

8. hey sorry to get off topic but do you have a write up on how you made that hydro laundry detergant bottle