It Was All Good Just A Week Ago Wtf

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by LOUDpockets, Jul 10, 2014.

1. It's my first grow I was getting excited when my plants were looking good and growing at a fast rate for the first week, but of course the wheels turned quick.

Now this week all my plants are dieing their shriveling up and one has brown spots from being to close to the light I'm guessing or the heat idk(temps around 77-85f and 33-55 humidity) which is not high at all, I lowered the plants from the light but nothing's working and the weird thing is my sprouts were stretching towards the LEDS so Im thinking its not the lights

Is it my growing medium???(75%Mg perlite, 25% vermiculite) I heard micro grow is bad and contains chemicals so of course I flushed the fuck out of the perlite before I planted the seeds but even after my temps not being bad all I can think about is it has to be the miracle grow perlite Idk

WHAT CAN THE PROBLEM BE!!!!! View attachment 1498201 View attachment 1498202

2. Uhhh we're gonna need pictures before anyone can properly assess the problem. Sounds like magnesium deficiency though. Are the leaves closest to the bottom yellowing as well as the brown spots?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'm in my 2nd week since planting seeds, so there just sprouts

Their shriveling up and turning light brown no yellowing at all ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404993646.942656.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1404993655.767309.jpg

4. Oh. Its the Miracle Grow. Nute burn.

5. Flushing once won't take everything bad (for a seedling) out of it.

6. Thanks for the advice I have a seedling in a new cup with the miracle grow will it survive if I change the soil

7. Planting in 75% perlite is a bitch. Id die too.

Its not the miracle grow, I tried perlite lots of times and its just shitty. Try some soil.

Where did you get the planting in perlite idea?

8. What's a good soil mix with vermiculite???

I've seen grow journals where people did 100% perlite so I thought it would be okay to do 75/25 ration with perlite

9. #9 castlefive, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    I think you're over complicating for your first time growing. I would recommend that you buy an 8 dollar bag of MG Potting Mix from anywhere. Germinate a seed, make a hole and drop it in root side down. Everyone says that MG destroys plants, but it's just not true. It's definitely not the best soil on the market, but the plants grow. You're going to have so much time to experiment with different techniques and tricks, but start with something simple so you don't get frustrated with dying plants. This forum has everything you need to be successful - Just gotta start in the right place. :) Good luck sir/madam!

Source? Me ( Absolute first time grower ) @ week 7 flowering using MG Potting Mix, CFL's and a T5 fixture.

10. #10 noizviolation, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    If he can buy miracle grow for 8$ with it's poop mix and being owned by monsanto ( should be enough reason not to use ) then he could spend 6$ on the budget potting soil right beside the MG and be better off.