It Takes A Village

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Whilder, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Hey guys im a newbie and I keep making posts but no one seems to respond when I put them in the grow journals so I am back in the newbie side.  Here are some pics of my babies from day 1 till now.  It has been about a week and a half.  I'll seperate the days by replys but if anyone can give me tips for low budget living, it would be greatly appreciated.  

Remember, it takes a village.
    :metal:

Day 1

Attached Files:

2. Day 2

I was using a 500w halogen light, one of the cheap lights you get at home depot for working on cars, up until about day 5. Then I switched to cfl.

Attached Files:

3. Day 3

Attached Files:

4. What are you growin?

5. Day 9
    This is after I switched to cfl, but it was only 1 26w 

Attached Files:

6. Day 10/Day 2-3
    Here i have some new sprouts under their own 26 w cfl also

Attached Files:

7. Day 11/ Day 4
    Now I have them under a horribly rigged lighting system with one 26w cfl on either side and a 150w replacement in the middle

Attached Files:

8. Its bag seed, I figure thats the best way to start off learning.  Get to the good stuff later when I can actually afford it.

9. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Dude ditch the halgeon light.. Asap if your on a budget go and cfl bulbs . you know the light bulbs that look twisted??? You want the highest actual wattage you can find.. You will 6500k cfl for vegging and 2700k for flowering . they are cheap your not going to do shit with that work light trust .. Get cfls if your on a budget .. Just remember more lights the better .. The higher actual wattage of the cfl like a bunch of 26w 6500k would be OK .. I have a 125 actual watt I bought from the hydro shop its 6500k and I have two 23w 6500k I'm using for veg here's a pic

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

11. The last pic is out on my porch as was just showing what they look like .. 6500k for veg 2700k for flower .. Good luck

12. Sorry I didn't look at at all those pics .. Didn't see you had gotten some CFLs what is the wattage and what spectrum are they.. You should be using 6500k those ones you have look more like 2700k which you should use to flower not veg

13. Hey I got some 5850k bulbs today!!! couldnt find any 6500k.  I hope they start flourishing soon.

Attached Files:

14. OK your on the right path but honestly I don't know if they are going to flourish under that spectrum of light .. You have to find 6500k or 6400k something like that.. If you can't find them around where u live they are cheap online you can't find 2pk 3pk hell 12k for fairly cheap.. Just try your hardest and quickly to find the 6500k spectrum .. I'm not trying to knock you man I just don't want you to be disappointed that's all. Good luck !! What part of the planet do you live ? I live in the U.S. in Kentucky and cfl bulbs can be found everywhere ..

15. They have to be better than that halgon light !! I'm going to research the vast world of the web and see what it says about 5850k cfl are you sure that it was it says ??

16. They have to be better than that halgon light !! I'm going to research the vast world of the web and see what it says about 5850k cfl are you sure that it was it says ??

17. Sorry to post this I just googled 5850k cfl and read and forum on rollitup where a guy used them but it didn't do as great as it should have .. I would still suggest 6500k .. just look you will find them.. You might only be able to find them in the highest of 23w it 26w but you will find them just keep looking.. When you find them take those 5850k ones you just bought back and get your money back!!!

18. Oh yeah I question . have you been feeding those with nutes?? If you have been stop .. What kind of soil or medium are you using ??

19. Let me show you what can happen if you feed nutes thru the roots or foliar meaning spray the leaves with nutes . if you didn't know.. I accidentally sprayed these little dwarf autos. With fucking MG .. Lesson learned Never use MG . its poison Lol

Attached Files:

20. Don't use any nutes until they are 3weeks old !!!