it stopped growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by duders112, Jan 21, 2009.

1. 3 weeks into my first plant and it stopped growing

what should i do

the two lower leaves are drooping a tad :(

pic for a general idea of age/size

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #2 duders112, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    anyone help please?

recycled soil most likely MG.
    watering once a week with de-chlorinated tap water
    lights are on 24/0
    light is a full spectrum CFM (not sure the watts)
    container appears to be about 4" x 4" x 6" (LxWxH)
    ventilation consists of a 12" oscillating fan

the issue started about a week ago and i decided it was time to transplant into the 4x4x6 pot so i did this. the issue continues. the entirety of the leaves is not DROOPING but the tips of each are curled down.

3. Personally I do not see anything wrong w/ the seedling in the pic. Typically seedlings seem to grow slow. You notice the biggest growth spurts during veg. I do not see anything wrong w/ this seedling so I would just be patient.

less

4. What are your temps? You're not too cold are you?

5. Have you started to give it nutes?

From what I have read The thrid week you should start a nute schedule, 1/4 strength to start out then half then full if you feel comfortable doing it.

Give it some nutes and i bet it will take off.

What kind of nutes do you have?

6. I usually wait until the plants ask to be nuted--and these aren't asking yet. You can tell by the color that they are getting enough.

7. #7 duders112, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    im using Scotts 18-9-18 right now i just gave it a tiny bit im gonna give it time

its in my bedroom closet which isnt much colder than the room itself at 66-68 F

im not too worried about the slow growth more about the downward curling of the first set of leaf clusters

8. it smells very good. not as strong as i expect it will be but im not sure if the plants are even supposed to have a scent at this age. it smells bangin

9. usually they shouldnt smell too much with 3 weeks:eek:

and its normal for the first "embryonic" set of leaves to die... plants lookin healthy so calm down and watch

10. updates since OP

IMG_4772.jpg

IMG_4773.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

11. #11 STUPIDS, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009

Thats what I was thinking...maybe too cold and wet...and maybe the fan is sucking out moisture from the leaves...you could try misting the leaves...What kind of light are you using, I assume you moved it for the pictures...if not get it really close..and it wouldnt hurt if you give it some dark time.

12. well the first thing im thinking is you said youre using "a light" (as in one light?) and you dont even know the watt's? you should have at least 60-100 watts for one plant. go to wal mart or home depot and look for some cfl lightbulbs. if needed get a "Y" splitter for the lightbulb socket and get 2 bulbs. other than that i cant think of much... maybe find a way to get the temp up around the 70's? but i dont think 68 would do any harm

13. I'm new at this annd probably don't know what I talking n about but here goes. I working on my first grow and three plants broke ground on 13 Jan. They were planted in 3.5" diameter x 5 tall plastic cups. I just finished transplanting them. I cut the bottom of the cups off and the roots were hanging out the bottom about 2 inches. i was shocked they grew that fast. Might be worth looking into.

Hope this helps