It Stinks To Be Poor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Willhog420, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Anybody have DIY Carbon Filters?!
    I just can't spend much more money on this project!
    Can I just use maybe some panty hose, some carbon, and some duct tape?!

2. Yes it will stink if your poor and dont get a filter. Can you save up for a while and buy a cheap no name carbon filter.

• Like Like x 3
  3. You can diy. Chicken wire, prefilter material, 6" duct end cap, 6" duct adapter, and some panty hose. Lemme know if u find a cheaper source of charcoal. Overall I don't think you'll save too much.
    You can always just vent it out a chimney and blame your neighbor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I guess I can. I am still about two weeks from flowering. But times be rough at the moment.
    I was just kinda hoping there were some DIY methods out there.
    What does a store bought carbon filter have, that can't be rigged DIY style? I mean isn't it just some carbon in a tube? Lol.

5. Lol yeah that doesn't sound like it would be much cheaper at all! But thanks for the idea.
    Second idea wouldn't work either. My neighbor is a senile 94 year old woman lmao.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. see if you cant find someone that you trust that can give you the money in change for bud when its ready

• Like Like x 2
  7. Now that's a stellar idea there man!
    I may just try that!
    Although, I do hate owing people anything.
    And I think I'm gonna love having my own product, that I grew myself, so friggin much...
    That I'm not gonna want to part with any of it!
    Lol. I may not even smoke it!
    I'll just lock myself in a room with it, have photo shoots, sniff it, and stare at it all day. Until it crumbles into little bits...
    Then I guess I could make some hash, and start the process all over again.
    Sorry I'm a little toasted right now...
    But seriously, that's something I never thought of! I could've funded this whole project that way! Lol.

8. I bought a extra large 600cfm over a year ago and haven't had a stinky enough grow since so it's still sitting in the box. I think I paid $170can for it. Should be flipping to flower soon and be needing it or if I can put together $600 or so get a portable AC unit and CO2 bottle and run a sealed room then won't really need it at all.

I live out in the country but the smell can hang around the house if it's calm like it often is in the winter and as the wife sells eggs we get strangers coming to the door now and then.

CanFilter.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. I live in kind of a rural area myself. So I'm not super concerned about it. Plus I'm not even venting it outside. As my current setup will not allow for it. I'm a renter so i can't go cutting all sorts of holes in the house lol. But I might try to work something out in the near future. Where i can at least vent into the attic. Right now it's just blowing out the top of the tent into the room.
    But if the odor floods the whole house, that would be a little bit of an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You don't want to vent into an attic either. All that warm, moist air will get mold growing or if you have cold winters like we do way up north here in BumF**k, Alberta you end up with a winter palace up there that melts in the spring and makes it rain inside. Ask me how I know. :D

It's my place so I can burn it down as long as the insurance company doesn't catch me. ;) I'd like to make a fire sale a reality and get out of here with some cash in my pocket but will likely die here. Perish the thought.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oh yeah! Wow I never thought about the implications of venting to my attic! Thanks! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haha my next door neighbour thinks.its the guy at the other side. Stank her attic put a few times and she's now completely convinced it's not me . same agency aswell so she knows I get regular inspections so couldn't possibly be me

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. you will have to part with some of the first crop....that filter will last more then one...the next one will be all yours

• Like Like x 2
  14. I have built my own carbon filter, but did not save any money,
    save up and get a Can-Filter, the best on the market and one of the cheapest.!! (Can-66 is about $150 US)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. #15 Spanish@rcher, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    I got a Rhino 6" fan n filter for about £350. Fuckin great investment. It can scub a whole attic no problem. They do smaller versions that are cheaper. I've got a cheapo 4inch fan aswell though. Systemair I think and it's shit. Just got totally defeated by about 55oz worth of buds lol.

(Edit) that's a typo! Meant to say got defeated by 5 Oz of buds! Lol. Absolutely hopeless.

• Like Like x 1
  16. thanks @rcher, i will keep that on file for future needs.!!

i have an old Huricane 6" HO 630 cfm, it is white and 15 years old (not used the past 10 yrs until now),
    the new ones are black lol.

at the hydro shop today and asked about inline fans,
    the owner said the new Vortex S-Line is awesome,
    he said it is powerful and super quiet using 'mixed air flow' tech.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I came across those while I was shopping for it like. Had good reviews. Silence was a big thing for me too and they got top marks for that. I was stuck between the them, Rhino and a couple others so I went n found a couple of industrial growers and the first 2 told me Rhino was the bollocks and so just went with that and haven't regretted it. Had to get insulate ducting cos it is a little noisy a full tilt but was only an extra 20 quid or so and sorted it right out. It can just about suck a 4m x 2m tent into oblivion on full power lol.
    Only got it back the other day, it's been at my other grow but he's stopped now so I can finally use it myself.
    Forgot how big it was though and haven't managed to hang it by myself yet. It's a 2 man job and I've got a fuckin horrendously shaped attic. Tried and failed :(