It Says I Can Clone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xoser, Apr 7, 2008.

1. I Bought A Rooting Hormone ( It Was On Sale ) Its Called Shultz Take Root Rooting Hormone. Is This The Same As " Cloning Gel ". Says All I Need To Do Is Dip The Cutting Into The Powder And Plant Into A Good Grow Medium.

Is This Worth It, I Guess I Wont Know If It Works Until I Try, Just Curious If Anyones Heard Of It. Peace

2. It should be fine. I used a powder and had 100% success rate with them. Gel may work in faster and give better coverage, but the powder will work.

E4A2S

3. sweet. thanks for the advice.i will attempt to clone this kush strain once i get a decent size branch.

4. let me know how it works man.
    all i can find is powder and i'd like to see some results be4 buying it.

5. I have only lost one cutting (Knock Wood) using Shultz Take Root rooting hormone out of dozens of cuttings. The one that didn't root was the one that I tried to clone for my son who grows hydroponic...I think the powder got washed off but I'm not sure why it didn't take.

6. You will get these Rooting Hormones in form of gel , wax, solution and concentrate.
    Just dip your cutting in the gel to the desired rooting depth. They stimulates root development for all types of plants. Seals cutting and reduces transplant shock.

7. Can you clone without rooting compounds? Or is it necessary?

8. It's perfectly possible. When rooting clones, you just want to make it as comfy for them as possible. That's why we do certain things... 45 degree cut, rooting hormone, remove excess leaf, putting 'em under a dome/plastic sheet, warming the substrate... to make roots feels at home and encourage their growth. But these things aren't defacto necessary, they just give a higher success rate.

When I was making a bon sai mother plant, just for the fun of it I took a nice 1/2", 2-node (small for a cutting) growing tip and put it in the soil next to mum. Nothing else, no TLC. It rooted within a few weeks, and my bon sai had a pet.

Plants have this ability for procreation... we didn't unlock the possibility with hormones. But use 'em anyways. They help set your mind at ease, knowing you're doing everything you can to help the kids along.

E4A2S