It needs to start budding....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IncreasedX, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Running outta room in my closet, and its been on 12/12 for at least 2-3 weeks. It's a female... I see pistols on the top and goin all the way down to about the mid section. Any advice on trimming or cutting or w/e would be nice

I'd post the picture into the thread, but it's a BIG ass picture and sorry for bad qual, taken w/ cell phone will try and get my camera to work.. needa buy a mem card (Sorry)

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3140/0908090032.jpg

2. have you done any lst? that can really help out with limited space. even if you dont go full out try tieing a few branches down. not sure if you know anything aobut it but it also creates more tops if done correctly. you really want to avoid trimming if at all possible. wouldnt want your girl to turn hermie. check out lst in the stickies they have a few different techniques that you may want to try. just a thought tho hope this helped.

3. Supercrop the stem where you want it to bend then tie the top down so its horizontal, thats what I had to do and it works great because all the buds grow like perfect little christmas tree's, its also great because all the buds that would form your cola will get perfect direct light.

4. Trimming wont turn a plant hermi.

LST wont do much as your plant is flowering and no longer n vegetative growth, it wont be growing much bigger so don't worry about that.

I'm not experienced in indoor growing however if you are getting slow bud growth it's possible your lighting is not sufficient enough. What lighting are you using?

5. #5 IncreasedX, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009
    6 CFL's that are all 2700k all the lights are on top... thinking about maybe putting some lights on the side... but... I dunno this is more or less my "first" serious grow. I'm not too sure on how to LST... ill try on the next ones (I have 3 atm that are on 24/0 veg), I've read Tuts on it, but.. would be totally new to it.

EDIT: I'm growing in rubber maids, 2 of the tubs stack on eachother (obviously)... if that gives you a better pic on the lighting... I'll jus take one haha

EDIT #2: And Here's the lighting

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7140/0909091012a.jpg

Here's a pic of what Im dealing with, there is light coming out from under that black tarp you see (Which has a reflective type material on the otherside of it since the rubbermaids can't even close anymore w/o hitting the plant)

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7104/0909091012.jpg

6. im new to all this to just passing some info that i read(sure its not all right) the lst is really easy if your planning on trying it out. take a long at my journal in my sig theres some good pics of i did it and how it turned out.

7. Im actually thinking about trying that LST'ing stuff, looks relatively easy. One of my plants I think can still do it... the 2 others... I don't think can and I wouldn't wanna break the stem since it's WW :)

8. Alright, thanks! It's bag-seed so I figured not a big deal ;), but I will definitely do that, is there a certime time you needa top off a plant? Never done it before...and wouldn't wanna kill my WW or my NL

9. Yes during vegetative growth. Anytime from a couple nodes in up to about 2 weeks before flowering.

DO NOT do it during flowering lol.

:)

10. Alright, thanks guys! Im trying the LST w/ one of the chron seeds... since the root was rather still bendy... tried w/ the other chron one and didn't bend so much so I'm jus gonna leave it. I'll top them both off though, definitely!

11. Don't top them if they are already flowering man!

12. Yeah, I read that :). I only topped the ones that were in vegging. I'm waiting for the one that's in flowering to get done for once (I'm a tad impatient... comes from my father). But I jus cut off the tops of 2 of them that were vegging, I have a total of 3 that are vegging, kept one w/ the top on because I'm trying LST'in with it and read you don't top it off till it reaches all the way around the pot.

13. #13 dsq1989, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009
    you should check out LBH's 4-way lst which incorperates topping and lst. thats what i did and it turned out really well. as of now i have about 14 soon to be tops. really good technique IMO.

edit:
    p.s. its in the advanced grow stickies.

14. The one w/ the pictures of pots and how the plant is turning in the pot? Yeah I'm trying that w/ my NL plant right now. I'm very interested in how it turns out! But I think I'm gonna try Lowryder for my next grow(s)