It Blows my Mind

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RyanPwnsU, Aug 16, 2012.

1. It honestly confuses the living fuck out of me, when people like Romney sit there and oppose plants (like marijuana) and gay marriage and people AGREE with him?

I mean come on people if your so called god CREATED FREE WILL, why can't we have it? Why do people have to go and ruin it for other people?

Why don't people think about someone else besides themselves for a change..

2. Romney is such a flipflopper, give him a few more weeks and hell be saying gays should be allowed to marry if he thinks it will get him a few more votes in Nov.

President Obama, Mitt Romney Agree: Gay Boy Scouts OK

:rolleyes: The ABSA is a private organization, the government has no right to tell them how to run their operation.

Romney=conservative fail.

3. Older people are afraid of change. They were taught by their conservative parents, who were taught by their conservative parents, that change is bad.

Little by little, the liberal population grew (I mean this in the classical liberal sense, obviously..), so more parents are teaching more kids that change, and progress, is good.

4. Are you new to politics? It confuses you that people involved in politics are hypocrites?

I hope you don't think Obama and his supporters have consistent principles...because they are hypocrites too.

5. I don't understand a lot of things... so much just seems so cut and dry to me. Like keep marijuana illegal? for what? Don't let gays marry because it somehow will make your marriage less meaningful? Let women choose to kill an innocent life they created by choice (i.e not in the case of rape or when the mother's life is in danger)? Allow the government to spy on everything you do? Let people sit around and do nothing while getting money from the government to spend on cigarettes and other unnecessary things? Increase spending when we are 16 trillion in debt? I don't know... maybe I'm ignorant but I just cannot wrap my head around how people can honestly have these other opinions. Makes no logical sense.

Like I understand politicians who take these sides because it's for their own personal interests but I just don't understand how anyone can look at the other side and say it's a good idea.

6. The government is ever-expanding, always looking for more power. With an informed and somewhat attentive public, they are at least kept in check. But if you look at US history, the federal government has been seizing power from the get go. It's just now our public is very distracted and very dumb, so they can get away with shit so much easier now. Indefinite detention for American citizens? Seems unreal, but there's no widespread outcry. People are too comfortable and too easily distracted by reality shows and other useless garbage to care about what their government does.

People are dumb, and they scare easily. That's why the average American is obedient with the chipping away of civil liberties to "protect them from terrorists." It's sad, but its true. People seem to be waking up more and more each day, though, so that's good.

7. ^ The constitution was set up to have an expanding federal gov't. You mention the people not being informed, but what about the supposed checks and balances? The Supreme Court has upheld all the shit the federal gov't does. The state governments haven't kept a check on it either.

The problem isn't that people are uninformed or apathetic. The system itself is critically flawed and set to collapse.

8. [quote name='"RyanPwnsU"']It honestly confuses the living fuck out of me, when people like Romney sit there and oppose plants (like marijuana) and gay marriage and people AGREE with him?

I mean come on people if your so called god CREATED FREE WILL, why can't we have it? Why do people have to go and ruin it for other people?

Why don't people think about someone else besides themselves for a change..[/quote]

Because its no longer land of the free or a democracy ......

Tyranny with front of "goverment"

We vote just 1 guy can veto something ...

9. I know right!?! Thats why I refuse to vote for Obamney. They both want to tell YOU how to live YOUR life.