It’s awful to work at McDonald’s.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by incrededibles, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Never worked a Mikey Dees and haven't eaten any of their toxic crap in over 30 years. We got the first Canadian McDees in '67 or something like that in Richmond, BC. Great for all us young stoners.

All those places are off limits and if you do a little research into what they all use in their 'foods' you'd never eat there again or even worse, subject your kids to that kind of toxic sludge. There's 20 different chemicals used in their fries alone and Dairy Queer uses high fructose corn syrup in everything like they all do.

Still weigh the same as I did when I was 18 and comfortable in the same 32" jeans I've worn since then too. Wouldn't be like that if I frequented fast food joints. No diabetes either.

You get shitty bosses everywhere and I seriously thought about killing my last boss when I was driving Super-B oil tankers but he's almost done that job himself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. That sucks. I waterproof. I love my job (-:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. They couldn't pay me enough to work at McDonald's. Some of the worst customers I've seen have been at McDonald's, the shake/mcflurry machine never works, and the supervisor always looks/acts like a dick.

• Like Like x 3
  4. They don’t call is McDicks’s for nothing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I worked McDonald's for my first job a decade ago, it was the most degrading job I've ever worked outside of UPS sorting boxes. After working there for a month, I quit the day after Halloween because they changed the schedule and wanted me to quit my holiday plans made and approved by management months ahead of time. Said, "fuck that, I quit" and never looked back nor showed up to work. I was 16 and unfortunately couldn't smoke due to parental surveillance and the fact it was hard to come by as a teenager with no money to contribute.

Even with a college degree, it's not easy to find work because of credential inflation and competition. Almost wish I didn't go to college and focused on a trade instead at this rate, but I did learn a lot and have a potential job offer coming up. Hope you're in a better place too OP.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Hey dude, you ever think about union work? Electricians and pipe fitters make them dollars son!! Having a degree is a leg up as all of the math and shit is already handled. You do have to travel if you want to work year round sometimes but its crazy good money. If you dont then collect unemployment for a few months and go on a vacation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I worked there for my training process me and the other girl in training ended up leaving together the next day didn’t come back we couldn’t smoke on break -.- (I was 16) ftr lmao

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I took a serious look at becoming an electrician some 12 years ago when I found myself spinning my wheels and no great prospects, all as a Dad of two kids. The requirement that I had to pick up and work anywhere within a 200 mile radius (or whatever it was), or lose positioning, was a deal breaker for me as a parent. Certainly sacrifices with everything, would've been just fine if I didn't have kids.

My PSA to youngins is to not waste your early adult years doing fuck all. Enjoy yourself, play hard, but also work hard to position yourself for the future. You're going to be working your ass off no matter what, you can either make bank or scrape by...which would you choose?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #29 Renothehippy, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    I worked Burger King before for a few months. And I went hard, like I do every job. I tell you what, I was always high in there I worked the 5am shift. Maaaan the nostalgia. Good times (-: you enjoy the jobs like that sometimes

• Like Like x 1
  10. I haven’t eaten at macdonalds in like 20 years I worked at kfc for a day ppl playing soccer with frozen chicken and spitting in food I never went back even told em they could keep my pay.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Seriously, most days I wonder how I made it through a decade of retail. Got out just before the machines started beeping at you to remove your card like the world is ending.

That would have done me in. That would have been the last fuckin' straw.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. I worked one day at this shitty telemarketing job when I was like 17. I went on a break, thought about finishing out the shift, said "nah", then started walking home. Never even cared that they got 4 hours of work from me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. and they random drug test?? fuck that! Im working at wendys.

My boss always tells the customers if i makr another mistake they will be seeing me at the Mcd drivethru.
    yeah we pretty much laugh at MCD employees.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sucks to hear that! Maybe try looking for better jobs and or stop giving a damn about your job, save and open your own business.

15. McDonald's - Largest purchaser of beef eyeballs on the Chicago Board of Trade.

16. Is...is there truth to this statement?

17. Yea I can imagine working any fast food job would blow

18. First real job I got, about 12 years at different ones. As all jobs it is what u make it! Some was fun some sucked

19. Damn dude, you make me thankful for my first job that I (Technically still?) had. I worked at a shoe store and it was super laid back, we were all close like a family as it was only 11 of us and we stayed the same crew the entire 2 years I worked there, until the place closed down due to landlord essentially kicking us out by raising rent to an insane amount we couldn't afford to pay. We went out to eat together randomly, had dinners all of us during holidays in advance, and some of us (I was usually included in most things) would go to play laser tag and go to the arcade. Legit we were all like best friends or family.

But yeah customers I gotta say were the downside. They are your business, and they keep you at your job, and thankfully they are few in the bad customers. It's just those few can really ruin your day too. Like I said most are nice though. But you could be having a great day and then a customer could shit on you for no reason, and also the fact you have to watch and confront thieves sucks too, if thieves would stop that'd be nice.

It was just very not so good pay.... still is. They reopened and I work there now so technically it's almost like I never left...just different people.

20. its just like that at the pharmacy i work at, boss cares way more about short term numbers than long term customer relations. We feed people poison all day long, we supply the streets with narcotics, and most of all, are treated like dog poo by not only customers, but by corporate as well.

• Like Like x 1