Issues with 2 week old plants.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Phoris991, May 8, 2012.

1. byo, where did you get your white widow fem seeds from ?

2. Yeah I've read a couple guides on managing ph. I've been putting it off due to lack of money to buy a ph tester though. I'll get on it as soon as I can.

I don't use any fertilizers, I gave them a very very diluted dose of nutes about 3 or 4 days ago. They've been showing the yellowing for a while, so that's why I gave them nutes.

3. you should transplant your plants into a bigger planters pot

4. Ministry of Cannabis is said to have one of the most original WW strains so opted with them. Almost any seed bank will sell white widow as it is a popular strain. And if you read my blog entry or whatever I have a new tent setup much less ghetto now lol. And phoris991 I would transplant your seedlings into a larger container. It's root system may be trying to grow but doesn't have any room. Also, for the next week pay close attention to any insects or arachnids near your plants, as a small infestation may be occuring

5. Okay, I'll see what I can do about getting bigger pots, I'll also figure out the ph issue, and I'll keep an eye on them.

I saw a small fly on the underside of the bigger plant about a week ago, it crawled down the stem and into the soil, I was concerned that it could be some sort of pest, but I've kept a close eye on them and haven't seen any other indications.

6. it went into the soil that's not good,

7. There may be your answer, organic pest control

8. Yeah I didn't think it was. I figured it was just trying to get away from me, I looked it up and there is a small fly that can infest plants called Fungus Gnats, so I let the soil dry out more than usual, and I haven't seen anything since.

9. That's good, when you transplant start with new soil. And your plants may be on the route to recovery

10. Okay. I just watched a guide to get rid of fungus gnats, so I'll try that and if it doesn't work I'll replant them in sterile soil.

11. sounds good, keep me updated and i'd be glad to keep helpin'

12. Will do, thank you both very much for helping me out.

13. welcome, keep on updating your grow and post more pics and Q's

14. Alright I've gotten a ph meter, and my ph is at 6.2-6.3 according to the meter. I also haven't seen any sign of fungus gnats. What else could it be? Could they be nutrient deficient or have too much?

15. If your seedlings are now 2 weeks old or older you should start a nutrient regimen. Have the plants grown at all? or have they gained any new leaf sets? some picture updates would be great

16. Looks like the plants are trying to lean away from the lights hinting to back em off some. You might be overwatering them a little, I would tone it down some. Let it actually get almost dry down to the bottom where the roots are or they will rot. I had cut slits down the side as well as slits in the bottom of those cups to let the soil dry out faster and to let the roots have more accsess to oxgen. Also from what I read about your soil is that it's a little harsh for some strains of seedlings, too much nutrients it can't handle it yet, that might also be a factor.

17. The larger of the two is now pointed back towards the light, it's at about 6 inches away now. The soil I used is very old and has been in my back yard for a loooong time, and I'm in WA so it's seen plenty of rain. I'm starting to think that it's got absolutely no nutrients in it and that's what's causing the problem, the next time the soil is dry I'm going to give a really diluted dose of nutes and see if they improve at all.

18. Using dirt from outside is risky. There are many parasites found in backyard dirt

19. I realize it's risky, this is mostly a learning process for me as I'm not expecting these plants to survive, or even be female if they do. I'm trying my best with what I've got though. Again thank you all for your help, it must be frustrating watching someone make this many mistakes haha.

20. No definitely not my friend. It took me a while to turn my brown thumb into a green thumb haha, it's smart that your looking at this as a learning process. Many noobs think their gonna get the dankest buds their first try and end up quitting trying to grow due to a couple of failed attempts. You'll get the hang of it ;)