Issues under led with Leaves turning brown/dying

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Edo314, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

This is the second time this has happened.

I am using basic soil bought from the Hardware. I have 1 plant outdoor with same soil.

3 Plants indoor under 90W LED Blue/Red Spectrum.
    Light distance is 1 Foot.

After about 4-5 days under the LED light, the leaves start getting brown patches. Once this happens it spreads to the whole leaf really quick, in what looks like Nute burn. However these are only 2 weeks old with 0 nutes.

My question is, what could be causing the LED light to screw the plants and cause this brown issue. I was thinking soil but the one I keep outdoors is fine under sunlight.

Am I missing something, does humidity or anything come into play?
    I have a fan running on them. I have noticed a few black flies but like 1 or 2 flying around the soil inside tent. But wouldnt think they could cause it.

Please help as I keep wasting money on decent seeds, soil PH appears fine and going good outdoors, its just in the tent with LED that this appears to occur.

Thanks for any help

Regards
    Luke

2. I decided to change the soil on the plants before they get worse, as even the outdoor one is very slow growing, i have changed to a seedling soil that I purchased, so tomorrow will tell or the next day whether the brown spotting has stopped or whether it keep occuring!

3. "Soil from the hardware store" is not much info. Alot of the cheap soil is full of time release chemical nutes.