Issues I Have Never Seen Before

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by MGB, May 28, 2013.

1. #1 MGB, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    Hello G,

I have some strange stuff going on, but as I have told you I am not the brightest when it comes to a PC. I believe it started yesterday with not being able to see some folks avatars. Later on in the day when I came on GC looked like a clickable PDF file. It seemed to have gone back to normal later in the day. This morning when I came on everything looked okay although I still could not see some avatars. So I figured I would let you know about the issue I was having, but when I clicked on the button to start new thread GC went to looking like a PDF file again. If I go to the main menu everything looks ok. Sorry this post is mumbo jumbo but the box I have to post this issue is only 1" tall and 2 inches wide so it makes it hard to proof read my post. Any help would be appreciated. If you need any more info I will look out for your reply. Sorry to hit you with this first thing after the holiday.

It could be on my end, but GC is the only site it is happening on. I have logged in and out as well as dumped all cookies and there was no change. Thank you in advance for any help.

MGB

2. It seems the issues are on your side. All images and everything you describe fully correct for me on multiple browsers including Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.

3. I know when my internet gets goofy that happens to Facebook a lot. I just refresh until it corrects itself, or just close and reopen my browser.

4. OK G thank you for your quick response I am just not sure why I am only having the issue here and not any other site. I will try investigating further and hopefully I can correct the issue. Have a great day.

5. You maybe having temporary issue on reaching our CDN. Can you make a trace route to cdn.grscty.com 

6. Thank you for your time G. I figured it was on my end when I waited a day to post my issue and saw no one else bringing this issue to your attention. What threw me off though was about the time GC starting looking like a pdf file to me yesterday GC temporarily shut down, so I thought possibly there could be an issue. 

Any how I ran every repair/fix it software I have. I also changed out my router. What ever I did seems to have fixed the issue. If I had to guess I would say it had something to do with my registry. I say this because I checked it after I ran each piece of software and after running my registry cleaner it was back to normal. So I have my fingers crossed for now.

Once again I apologize for wasting your time and thank you for your prompt response to a pc illiterate old man.

MGB

7. I am happy to hear the issue is fixed on your side , if there is anything we can do to assist further , please let us know