Issue at Main Stem, from rockwool to DWC

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sprinklehead, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I have an issue, (Not sure its a sick Plant) but here goes.....
    When I went from the Seedling stage in RockWool, I moved my 4 best plants into my 2X4X6 Veg tent. I have been LST training, Topping and a bit of Supercropping in these early weeks, These plants are only 2-1/2 weeks old. They look healthy and have amazing nodes already, HOWEVER on two of the plants the stem Looks like its "Pinched" or bending over right where its is poking up from the rock wool. I buried two of them with Hygroton to sturdy them up. Can anyone tell me what this is? Is it a big problem? The tops look great, but I'm not sure this is going to effect the grow later on when I get the Netting up for the scrod.

Thanks for any experience and replies.

Attached Files:

2. looks like 'damping-off' normally happens with seedlings.

[​IMG]

Edit: its a big problem.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for that info. Interestingly enough these plants (With the pinched stem) seem to be doing excellent across the tops. I have 4 plants in DWC-Rockwool straight into Hygroton. I will take out the 2 with the damping, and just focus on the others which are looking quite vibrant. Quick alt question, If the top nodes are looking good on the damping plant, Can I still get a good clone or two from her?

4. Looks to me like it was dampening off earlier in it's life and has healed, it should get woody pretty soon and be stronger than before

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

5. Dang...I had a couple spinach seedlings that did this. Was wondering what it was. Thanks for posting.

My Journal

6. you could probably get a decent clone but she is not mother material

• Like Like x 1