Israel threatens journalists about covering latest Gaza Peace Flotilla..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Jun 27, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Israel under fire over flotilla warning - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Just another example of the total disregard that Israel has for any attempts for peace...

Fuck Israel...:mad:

2. I saw this on Al Jazeera on sunday. I believe they said they will not bow down to Israel's threats.
    Do you know when the fleet is due to arrive? They said they were leaving last weekend.

3. Hard to tell yet... The various boats are at the moment sailing towards a rendevous point...

Some good links to follow their progress...

Freegaza - News section
    http://ustogaza.org/
    IRISH SHIP TO GAZA

And especially for you my Dutch friend... :)
    Nederlandse boot naar Gaza

4. Where are the American journalists with some balls?

5. Unfortunately they are too busy carrying water for other people, to worry about a flotilla bringing water to those in need.

Sad isnt it?

6. I do wish people would stop pointing at 'Israel' as a bad guy...it isn't the people, just their governing faction we need to focus on.

It isn't all the people in Israel that made the threat on journalist, it was just that tiny faction, called their government, that did...same as all the atrocities from all sides over there, it isn't the general population just those in power that are committing crimes against humanity/truth/justice/freedom

7. They died, a short time after 1776 it seems....now the mewing minions we have left, report what their masters say too, only when it serves the purpose of 'PROFITS'.:confused_2::poke::bolt:

No profit, no story, no news...:(

Wake me when it's 1776 again :mad:

8. #9 Jimmybobstoner, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt168Ugfjg8]YouTube - ‪Ken O'Keefe on HARDTalk 2010 1 of 3‬‏[/ame]

This guy has balls.
    Watch this it's really really interesting. He's an American being interviewed who was actually on the flotilla and you can clearly tell how much the reporter tries to steer away from half of the shit that he says.
    It's kind of long but he speaks the truth.

9. Didn't Lincoln lock up some journalists for going against the Nation by encouraging the rebels?

10. Well that's true...guess it's not surprising that Lincoln wasn't re-elected for his belief in the free press...(badadum):p

11. #12 dudedude4, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011

Anti-semites like smokinp would rather just lump all the Israelis together so he can say "Fuck Israel" some more. Have fun denying your obvious, overt hatred of Israel, smokinp....

PS, OP, the flotilla is not an attempt at peace. It is an attempt at provoking a response from Israel. An effective one, but you truly have to be a buffoon to think it's any type of attempt at bringing peace to Gaza. In fact members of the flotilla have declared they wish to kill IDF soldiers.

12. I wish you didnt say "Anti-Semite" so much. Al your article said was "Israel officials say..." when they were caught lying about homophobia of the flotilla:
    Israeli Actor Impersonated Activist in Video Attacking Gaza Flotilla - NYTimes.com
    then they blame an intern, as if theyd have the balls to post without authorization. It goes both ways, but you dont hear me saying "Anti-arab" or "anti-american-canadian-turkish-etc-etc 22 countries". I don't hate israeli's, i dont hate semites, I dislike their gov'ts policies, a go-ahead from the international community despite the international law breakings, and oppressive actions. I dislike the US government, in this area, because of our aid, weapons contracts, and unwaivering support. I think I speak for many in this area. One Love man

13. Had you been around the City long enough you would see how truly warranted my characterization of the OP is. My article was not proof that smokinp hates the notion of Jewish autonomy (hence my label of him), the proof of that has surfaced many a time before. The article was a drop of rain in a biblical flood of evidence against the notion of this flotilla being a "peace flotilla." With that characterization smokinp is making a mockery of the meaning of the word "peace."

14. Im pretty positive its a peace flotilla. Just like the Mavi Marmara was. Just because the US and Israel cry "terrorist" doesnt mean they arent aid ships. people obviously want to help these Gazans who are struggling. I guess we shall see what theyre bringing soon, if the Israelis dont blow the whole ship up.:)

15. #16 dudedude4, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    Israel's naval blockade of Gaza is perfectly understandable given their unending desire to wipe Israel out. In 2005 Israel pulled out of Gaza along with 18,000 settlers. Before the blockade, before the siege, there was nothing. Yet Gaza proceeded to launch attacks on the civilians of Sderot and Ashkelon. People like you either forget the chronological order of events or choose to ignore it. Perhaps the flotilla is going to Gaza to teach them how to start rebuilding their lives instead of to wage war against Israel, now that would be a peace flotilla. Unfortunately that is a pipe dream, and while they go out there and wage a political PR war, useful idiots all over the world jump at the chance to get a metaphorical sniff of Israeli blood. And sadly it is Israel that cuts itself with the blade brought by the PR war, and the dogs succeed.

16. #17 TheAtmansPath, Jun 28, 2011
    I think theyre bringing building materials to rebuild homes schools and hospitals etc. Thats peaceful. I doubt they have any weapons or a desire to train soldiers. Gaza didnt launch shit, terrorists/militants did. Now it is you who are being "anti-arab" by suggestiing the actions of the government are the actions of the people. (Not seriously calling you racist, but pointing that out, just like "Israel" doesnt = "Israeli people" and "gaza" doesnt = "gaza people") and thus i think they deserve aid as much as any other region of rubble.
    edit: despite the actions of a few. the situation that theyre in is one that breeds extremism and frustration with the situation, making aid to them ever more nessesary and valuable.

17. #18 dudedude4, Jun 28, 2011
    Then they should have no problem with bringing the materials through an Egyptian or Israeli dock first. The blockade is there so that Iranian or proxy ships don't come dock at Gaza and give them more Qassams to shoot Israeli school buses with. Given the chronological history you seem to need to ignore in order to prop up your narrative, it makes perfect sense that Israel feels like it should inspect cargo before it is delivered to a government that has shown itself to use every fiber of its being to try to defeat it, effectively keeping its own people imprisoned in war. Which brings us to your next attempt at making a point:

I've said this already, but evidently you ignore things that you don't like to hear - but again I didn't characterize the OP as antisemitic because of the attributions of actions of a gov't to its people, but rather due to his continued absolute-demonizations of the notion of not just Israel, but the concept of Hebrew self-determination (Zionism) at GC. So really, your whole point was a red herring. But why don't I deconstruct the fallacious preconceptions you are touting here - you demonstrate your fallacious understanding of the political situation of the Gaza Strip and public opinion there. Those terrorists/militants you mention were the fairly elected leaders of Gaza. Suicide bombers and all who shed civillian Israeli blood are seen as heroes all across Gazan society. Regardless, the incessant attacks on civillians Sderot and Ashkelon had to stop. See, unlike Hamas, Israel doesn't hide its military infrastructure in the basements of synagogues and hospitals. Whereas Israel must strike civilians due to Hamas's intentional placement of their artillery, Hamas, by popular demand, strike civilians for the purpose of killing civilians. If you do not understand that your moral equation does not hold water, you are purposefully disingenuous, or simply delusional.

18. You mean like after they raided and killed journalist in the last flotilla?

19. When people criticize "america" on political terms do you think they're criticizing the people or the government? The same applies imo.

Why should they have to? Would americans be happy if canada set up a successful blockade and said all goods had to go through canada first? As far as I am aware collective punishment is a warcrime.

No-one can support this without supporting military aggression enacted on the grounds of hyperbole.