Israel/Palestine

Discussion in 'General' started by Phloydrix, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Being jewish myself, I have a natural interest in the future of Israel. I figured I'd make a poll to see where others stand on it.

Personally, I think a two state solution is the most fair thing to do, but I've encountered people who feel very strongly otherwise.

Oh and poll option number 4 includes the return of all Palestinian refugees.

2. I personally think that all of the Muslims are just bitching because they don't like jews.

Like seriously, Israel is fucking tiny.

3. Well its really terrible- on both sides. Both sides have reduced themselves to dirty tactics...

Not a lot of people know about the TRUTH behind the situation, and how it was caused by the British.

The palestinians that once lived on what is now israel had their homes and their way of life destroyed. Now there are millions of palestinian refugees.

I like this video:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SShRR7sInsc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SShRR7sInsc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. Theoretically two-state is the best decision, real world? One needs to go.

5. Britan, when it was in its imperialistic state, controlled the land called Palestine. The Palestinians had been living there for a few thousand years (there were wars way back when and the land changed hands a few times).

But the palestinians had been there for a LONG time.

Then, after the holocaust, the jews wanted a jewish state because they felt threatened in europe.

So Britan, promised the land to both the arabs and the jews.

America was quick to support israel and gives it TRILLIONS of dollars in weapons.

The only reason Israel exists today is because america gave them weapons, tanks, and aircraft.

Personally, I think its too late for the Palestinians. I think they have been displaced forever.

ITs really fucking horrible... The jews had to endure the holocaust, and then they go and pull something like this. They of all people should be a little more... humble after WW2.

Theres a LOT to the story that we dont know. There are connections in places that nobody can see because they are so secret.

Israel is 100% wrong in the whole situation. Anybody who doesn't agree obviously has never studied post ww2 history.

6. Both sides are at fault but Israel has put up with alot of shit and constant attack. They don't have much and the Palestines and other Islamics should just chill.

You can see where my support goes
    [​IMG]

7. I've recently become increasingly interested in the Culture of people in the Middle East.

This including Saudi Arabia, Israel, ect.

I think they should be able to live together, but we all know, this will never happen.

The middle east has been involved in 'Holy Wars' since documentation of anything.

8. The Palestinians weren't kicked out by the jews, they left because Arab leaders were instructing them to, and they didn't want to get shot in the war that the Arab nations promised to deliver. The plan was that the Palestinians would evacuate for a little while while the allied Arab nations of Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt went in and killed the jews.

In the initial 1947 partitioning, the arabs that fell into the jewish country would be Israeli citizens living in a democratic state and they'd be free to practice their religion. So if they arabs had accepted the plan, some 400,00 Palestinians would've had to become Israeli citizens or move to the Palestinian state. Yes it is slightly unfair to the Arabs, but better 400,000 Palestinians have democratic Israeli rule forced upon them, then for the 600,000 jews in Palestine plus however many jews that were homeless and waiting in Europe plus the million sephardic jews living in opression in neighboring states in Islamic theocracies, not be able to seek asylum from persecution in a home state of their own.

9. abolish culture and start anew that should patch things right up

10. the zionists have commited horrible atrocities against the palestinians, this includes murdering the innocent (including women, children and infants)

if you have bittorrent i suggest you download "zionist war crimes"

it goes into alot of detail about it that you dont get to hear about on the news or anywhere, its mostly first hand footage from people living in the area, since they dont allow camera's and new reporters to film or report on anything over there

warning: theres alot of gruesome footage of dead bodies, including dead children and babies, and the zionists beating the palestinians with big rocks breaking there bones

i'm with palestine

11. I'm siding with the palestinians on this one, I'd be pissed if my homeland got jacked as well (and it did).

12. Maybe not, a big problem for Israel is the massive difference in the birth rates between the two peoples (35.9 vs 19.7).

The Palestinians are simply going to "out-breed" the Israelis.

13. And the Palestinians are doing exactly the same, firing rockets indiscriminately at civilian targets in Israel, or setting off car bombs, also kiling women and children. Palestine still has the offer on the table that it has refused for 30 years - stop attacking Israel and Israel will stop retaliating. Palestine can stop the killing in ten minutes if it wants to, but it doesn't. So why not? Because extremists in Palestine are being driven by Syria and Saudi to maintain action against Israel.

Palestine has had the same MO for years. Fire rockets at Israel and kill civilians or military personnel, then, when Israel retaliates, Palestine weeps to the world press that they've been attacked and how awful it is. Time after time, at least once a year.

If they attacked any country, that country would respond in kind and nobody would bat an eyelid. Because it's Israel, somehow their right to defend themselves isn't quite as valid. It's nonsense.

MelT

14. Palestinian terrorists launch attacks from civilian locations and hide behind them, which is why civilian deaths occur as much as they do on the Palestinian side. They put their own people in jeapordy, and then, as MelT said, weep to the world when Israel retaliates against them. Not to say that Israel hasn't done anything wrong, but the Palestinians have no qualms about attacking Israeli civilians or using their own civilians for cover.
    Palestinian civilians are also complicit in smuggling weapons across borders or hiding weapons in their homes that are later used to kill innocent Israelis in densly populated civilian areas.

15. I say we throw them both out until they kiss and make up, and learn to fucking share and love one another as their religions preach.

Until then, I'm all for a Hindu or Buddhist occupation of the Holy Land.

16. i have great sympathy for the people of palestine, i think they have been robbed of their land.

First off though, its not our business. however, both can not live in the same state. Israel inflicts daily terror on palestine and kills hundreds which is wrong. Though i feel sympathy for the jews, they are doing horrible things and they should not. period. if the west tries to decide how they should run their area of the world shit will be fucked up. we need to stay out of it and only interfere when our interests are at stake (when they get nuclear weapons). Israel has them which is frightening, but again, i am for the disarming of all countries of nuclear bombs. Something has to change i think we can agree, the UN needs to step in before the whole area goes up in smoke.

sorry if that made no sense im kinda fucked up at present :)

17. Why don't you mention the daily terror the Palestinians are inficting on the Israelis? Or do you believe they are innocent in all this?

18. of course i dont think they are completely innocent, but i have sympathy for them because of the situation they are in. both sides are in the wrong, but i am reffering to the israeli government doing a lot of bad things.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVBIzu4YvnE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVBIzu4YvnE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I know palestine is doing bad things as well, but i feel sympathy.

19. i'm not saying the palestinians arent killing israeli's as well, but the fact is, isreal started all this, the zionists and palestinians used to live in peace.. there were alot more palestinians than israeli's living in the areas the zionists are now trying to take over (and have taken over) claiming it is there land according to god.

i'm sure you'd be pretty pissed and fight to get the land you lived in all your life BACK. sure isreal might have agreed to stop the fighting, but they arent agreeing to give the palestinians the land back that is rightfully theres, so the palestinians continue to fight for what they believe should belong to them.