Israel/Palestine conflict

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, May 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I don't know if that's a fair parrallel, the Holocaust was quite an extreme event.

But it is odd that such an abused peoples come so easily to abuse another.

• Like Like x 2
  2. well, whether it's 100,000 or 1,000,000 or 6,000,000 lives doesn't make one event drastically different than another especially when, in the case of israel and Palestine, israel (jews) was the victim of the Holocaust. doesn't anyone besides me not think it strange that the people for whom the world should never forget were victims of all that the Holocaust represents would be the aggressors against an indigenous group of people who are 100% dependent on israel for every single thing that constitutes "daily life"? i see it. i dont know what to call "it" but i darn sure see the parallel. the Palestinians have never persecuted "the jews". have they? maybe pre-20th century but not in modern-day.

this is the 21st century and it's time to end this though i dont see that ever happening peacefully, and that's a shame. i think the new Israeli PM is gonna be a force beyond what BiBi was. Bennett is hard core, hard line. but know this, imo when the caca finally hits the fan for real over there over this issue the entire world is going to feel the pain.

• Like Like x 1
  3. what would really be interesting is how "the west" would address the issue and israel if there was no need for and no interest in crude oil and natural gas. i sorta figure the US wouldn't care so much to keep up the levels of support israel currently receives from the US.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Human hubris on full display.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. To what extent is the US-Israeli connection reliant on the US's thirst for oil & gas? Due to the US's use of Israel as a military outpost?

There's probably the Iran factor involved also. It suits both nations to have a strong presence in the area in order to keep Iran subordinate. To what extent that is justified, I don't know.

6. both parts of your post are interconnected and the answer is "yes" to both as i understand it. the US has had a "containment" foreign policy in the ME especially for iran and syria. israel serves as a good agent to keep those two countries busy and off balance.

israel as an ally of the US has been a very strong deterrent to the former soviet republic for expansionism and influence in the ME. china too now poses a huge dilemma to "the west" expansion with the Belt Road Initiative. note the G7 just announce their own "infrastructure initiative" for the area as an attempt to keep china out of the ME.

so yes, israel as an ally of the G7 does in fact serve as a very strong deterrent to unwanted interference in the ME, and for right now they serve as a bulwark to prevent interference with oil and gas supply. the EU in total is about 60% dependent on foreign energy imports.

but all that's been said, israel must hold some other tremendous unseen global leverage because they do operate internationally as a sovereign nation and in their best inter first and foremost.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Bulwark is a great word. Always loved it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. well i don’t know what reagan did with the rest of the world but he inherited a shitty economy that was ruined by the previous administrations policies and turned america into a stronger nation that pretty much keep it strong for the next 20 years.

if it wasn’t for reagan, i feel that america would probably have not made it much longer and may not even be around today

hoping for another reagan type after biden so this country can rebound and become the shinny beacon it once was

but we all know that is NOT going to happen so, whatever. i’m sure you will be ecstatic when that happens

• Like Like x 2
  9. the millennials have been brainwashed and taught to think the way they do. that big government is the answer to everything and all of their problems.
    the new world order can not flourish until the us constitution is thrown in the garbage and a ‘new constitution’ is written

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. What is the “new world order”?

j

• Like Like x 1
  11. basic human rights denied. it's unfortunate this planet, with all of it's technology and modernization of creature comforts and as a collective society we still will tolerate this type of behavior from "god's chosen people" in the 21st century. smh. this is the example of god's love and compassion? idk man. and this in the west bank, forget about gaza having any water.

Palestine runs dry: ‘Our water they steal and sell to us’

• Like Like x 1
  12. And our government continues to support them with arms and money.

j

• Like Like x 1
  13. Picking up where we left off...... Another example of how appeasement doesn't work. Giving Palestinians land for peace didn't work because peace isn't their goal.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. What land was given to the Palestinian people?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Gaza.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Correct, but truly laughable Ed. Since 1947 the Palestinians have lost 90% of their land. I can’t get the maps to load but they tell the story.
    RD
    https://ifamericansknew.org/history/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. LOL… Since the Israelis retreated from lands they had stolen/occupied (Gaza) they have continued to steal/occupy other Palestinian lands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. no matter the reasons “why”, Netanyahu will make Gaza look like the front lines between Russia and Ukraine - it will soon look like moonscape. personally I think it’s pretty sad for the Palestinian civilians.

19. From 2016.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-u-s-saudi-arabia-counterterrorism-relationship/

“As a result, the Saudi Kingdom still spews out material that is anti-Semitic, sectarian, glorifies several conflicts in which jihadists play an active role, and otherwise contributes to a climate of radicalization.

Washington’s ability to influence the Kingdom is limited, however, given the Saudi domestic sensitivities of these issues. In the end, policymakers would do well to remember that Saudi Arabia is a key partner but not a friend: the United States and Saudi Arabia share many common interests, but they do not share common values or a common worldview.” (emphasis added).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.