Israel/Palestine conflict

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, May 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know lots of Millennials have given us a bad name. But do know some of us Millennials is not like the others and some of us very much respect the older generation. I talked to so many Vietnam vets and listened to what they had to say about the government. I didn't make fun like some of the others in my gen. I'm sure it was the same in your gen there's always gonna be few dimwits in every gen. I just hope more Millennials discover the constitution and realize it not a boring document but can very much protect them from prosecution like using drugs for example like cannabis. I mean really the constitution is for true rebels not sure why it started being considered outdated and dorky. Anyway, I never felt like belonged in this time. Maybe I'm an old soul.

• Like Like x 1

2. i wish you all good luck and better fortune than us boomers leaving things as they are with the middle east. "we" - my era - created the mess and after 70+ years we collectively keep kicking the plight of the Palestinians down the road for the next generation to solve up to and including today. its disgraceful imo. my argument is for basic human rights and an end to the apartheid conditions of "everyone's favorite little country" israel. this is the 21st century and the current situation must end as it's no good for anyone anywhere on the planet.

for any person or group to support a country and a people that decimates another in the name of religion and "democracy" has no place at the front of the line of 21st century society. it's all a boondoggle in my view.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Before our time (at least my time) in the end of the 50/beginning of 1960 Norway supplied israel among others with the knowledge of the atom and lab equipment for their Nuke reactor.
    And heavy water for cooling of the fuel staffs

At the time the idea was to spredd knowledge about it energywise but the politicians knew what they did and its a Sad chapter of the countrys history.

A little known fact that I found a little related

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Our bad, bro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. the Musta’ribeen are at again. they killed two PA officers and a Palestinian in an israeli jail. BiBi is going out with a bluster. he and el trumpo are cut from the same cloth - sorely bad, terrible, losers.

there will be blood.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. this is not going to end well.

Israeli far-right groups march through occupied East Jerusalem

Six Palestinians arrested as far-right Israeli settler groups begin march through occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City.

in other news:

Israel forces kill Palestinian teen at occupied West Bank protest

Israel closes case of prison officers filmed beating Palestinians

'Time has come for Israel to threaten Hamas,' far-right lawmaker says

there will be blood...

7. What a shame. How can the rest of the world leaders not see through this hate for what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. New PM is a far-right nationalist too, from what little I've gathered.

Also, more retaliatory airstrikes: Israelske luftangrep mot Gaza etter angrep med brannballongar

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

9. can any of us imagine that where we live our government would authorize, encourage, and allow one racial ethnic group that openly espouses hatred toward another, yet "different" group, to march through that groups neighborhood chanting (sic) "death to all you mf'ers"!

that's what the old and new israeli government did knowing full well the activity would like end in violence, which then justified more bombs being dropped on the imprisoned people of Gaza.

THAT is what the "new" israeli government has just done. just imagine what being a Palestinian is like living in "the land of the jews". smh.

• Like Like x 2
  10. To be fair - from the same article:

"Israel sin nye utanriksminister Yair Lapid kritiserer deltakarane for å ha sunge rasistiske og valdelege songar.

Lapid har tvitra at det var rett å seie ja til marsjen, men at det er «ufatteleg» at nokon kan halde eit israelsk flagg og samtidig rope «død over arabarar»."

Translation summary:
    Israel's new foreign minister Yair Lipid had harsh criticism for the march, says it's 'incomprehensible' that someone can wave an Israeli flag and scream 'death to Arabs'

• Like Like x 1
  11. yes, but to be fair one one voice crying out in the wilderness of Palestine/israel will not be sufficient to stop the israeli apartheid while the remainder of the planet that can do something to end this madness does nothing.

it just is what it is but i'll remind the youth of today that "this issue" has been constantly and negatively impacting the world, and thus we as individuals are negatively impacted, for over SEVENTY YEARS! as a global society we are supposed to be evolving to a better social and mental state of enlightenment. why is not everyone outraged? because of "god's chosen people" the jews? if people speak out are they afraid of god's vengeance, "(sic) i will bless thee those that bless israel and i will curse thee that curseth them"?

phhhhhhhhht! it is outrageous for every single "modern justice reformer" to remain quiet while the israeli government and the IDF slaughter Palestinians. it's pathetic.

• Like Like x 2
  12. If anyone in the international community speaks out, they get hounded and lambasted in the media and on the international stage as anti semitic. A convenient cover up to muddy the waters of a land grab, oppression of a peoples and even could go so far as to call it a genocide.

God’s chosen people indeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maybe china could use israel as their new province. Guess they are running out of room over there..

• Like Like x 1
  14. They are too busy colonizing Africa.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Why do you think that is the case?

16. Imperialistic Zionism that's infiltrated the highest echelons of power. Such a worldview is then disseminated (and watered) down to their mouthpieces and to the public at large.

Someones got some of the head honchos of this world's balls in a vice, somewhere, somehow. (What was the chat about Esptein's ties to Mossad again?). It's a deep, deep hole man, and I'm kinda loathe to venture.

Thoughts?

Additionally, the Abrahamic religions have a lot to answer for.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not sure I have a confident opinion on it. What you are expressing here on who controls the head honchos of the world is a mainstay of Nazi ideology - 'Jews control the media' - but it's hard to dismiss, even here in distant Norway I haven't seen a mainstream media report that doesn't make some effort to paint Israel in a victim role. Labels are effective at shutting down criticism, I've seen the same medias use racism and islamophobia as ways to silence valid observations, so the anti-semitism stuff doesn't hold water with me. It was interesting to see American-Somalian Ilhan Omar get cowed in this way.

Maybe there's some food for thought there, but yeah, to use your expression, I am loathe to venture, given the shoulders you rub up against with such assertions.

And yes, the religions do have a lot to answer for. They won't, but they do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. the Abrahamic religions have to account for 2/3's of the world population... 50% maybe? cousins all, each believing in their own version of "the word of god", fighting and killing each other for a few thousand years over what...? theologic philosophy.

if God is looking down on humanity He has to be :bang: over how His creation turned out.

• Like Like x 2

19. “Live a good life.
    If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.

If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.
    If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

M. Aurelius

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

20. this is the one i'm hoping for. i did not ask to be born, one day i just was, and if life is as the Hindus claim then we are all simply recycling from one form into another until "we get it right", wth that might mean.

overall i am not a religious person. i am spiritual and of creationist thinking but religion nah. btdt and pretty much left the table empty.

what israel is doing to Palestinians is highly parallel to what nazis did to jews imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.