Israel Iron Dome kicking ass !

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tom79, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Killing Palestinians is now being treated like a sporting event on Israeli TV

[​IMG]

Killing Palestinians Now a Sporting Event on Israeli TV | MyFDL

Hardly surprising considering how some of our Israeli blades have being whooping and cheering the success of their mighty "Iron Bubble"...

2. There is nothing wrong with being happy that Iron Dome is intercepting rockets that would kill people in the larger cities.

3. [quote name='"smokinp"']

Hardly surprising considering how some of our Israeli blades have being whooping and cheering the success of their mighty "Iron Bubble"...[/quote]

If this was your reality, wouldn't you be happy that theres hardware that saves your country and people from being bombed and killed ?????? Im very sorry for you if you didn't.

4. I would not be jumping up and down like a cheerleader at a football game...

If i was living in Israel i would be more interested in what my government is doing to end the conflict with my Palestinian neighbors than celebrating the mighty "Iron bubble"...

Dialogue will end this conflict not a "bubble"...

5. [quote name='"smokinp"']

I would not be jumping up and down like a cheerleader at a football game...

If i was living in Israel i would be more interested in what my government is doing to end the conflict with my Palestinian neighbors than celebrating the mighty "Iron bubble"...

Dialogue will end this conflict not a "bubble"...[/quote]

No if you live here you would realize that there is no one to talk to at the moment, and until then, you would be happy that theres Iron Dome that keeping your people safe.

6. What do you mean that there is nobody to talk to ? :confused:

7. You should read this article dude. Strenger makes a bit of a comparison with the IRA.

Strenger than Fiction-Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News source.

8. #208 SmokinP, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
    Interesting article...

The IRA always had a political wing --> Sinn Fein. Sinn Féin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was through dialogue with Sinn Fein that the IRA ceasefire was negotiated.
    The British and Irish government issued a declaration on Peace which included the following :

Northern Ireland peace process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    One year later the IRA announced an end to all military operations.

It was only when the British government started talking directly to Sinn Fein/IRA that an agreement was reached.
    Once Sinn Fein were onboard everything else fell into place. There have been bombs and attack since the agreement but these attacks were carried out by extremists who will not accept any agreement that involves the British having any role in N.Ireland.
    Martin McGuinness (Sinn Fein) is today the deputy leader of N.Ireland.

The only way this conflict can be resolved is through dialogue involving all of the parties/groups involved.

9. #209 Tom79, Mar 15, 2012
    [quote name='"smokinp"']

What do you mean that there is nobody to talk to ? :confused:[/quote]

Ill correct myself, as long as there no progress between the sides. I wrote at the moment, as of theres no talking or any advance.

Then you would be happy that iron dome protects people. That was the idea..

Its very much true that Hamas is the big responsible player now in Gaza, and on the other side theres Jihad which being pushed by Iran to act. At the moment theres no order and someone who can take responsibility or full control of Gaza.

10. I would never cheer for the deaths of innocent people.

I didnt cheer when a US soldier killed 16 afghans several days ago, of which around 9 being children.

Is that something you would cheer for? If it is there's something terribly wrong with you.

11. #211 Tom79, Mar 15, 2012
    [quote name='"Kamehameha"']
    I would never cheer for the deaths of innocent people.

I didnt cheer when a US soldier killed 16 afghans several days ago, of which around 9 being children.

Is that something you would cheer for? If it is there's something terribly wrong with you.[/quote]

Where did you see me cheer for the death of innocent people ?

12. He's just butthurt about losing every argument he's started, don't mind it.

13. Preparing Israel for war - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

14. True...:)
    But Zuhair al-Qaisi was assassinated...

Now i know this is out there dude,:) but it would be one way of testing the mighty "Iron Bubble" and at the same time making the public feel safe and cocooned.
    Maybe not as worried about the consequences of an attack on Iran ?

15. #217 Tom79, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    [quote name='"smokinp"']

True...:)
    But Zuhair al-Qaisi was assassinated...

Now i know this is out there dude,:) but it would be one way of testing the mighty "Iron Bubble" and at the same time making the public feel safe and cocooned.
    Maybe not as worried about the consequences of an attack on Iran ?[/quote]

Assassinated... Why wont you write this as it should be? This Zuhair was responsible directly to the death of 7 INNOCENT citizens, kids and woman's. He planned and was involved directly in the execution.

The testing claim is bullshit as well, Iron Dome was tested many times before, and this is not her first real op. The system is developing everyday and testing will be done every-time Iron Dome is in action.

Nobody is trying to give any excuse, Zuhair got what he deserves and anything that will develop from there will be handled.

Lastly, you really don't understand Israelis.
    We don't want any war, but we are sure not afraid of anything, most of the public is urging to kick ass in Gaza because of their terrorists nasty chicken-shit acts against civilians. its Netanyahu whos calming things down here.

Ps, i think theres hope with Iran, the people on both sides should push more for peace btw the two. That facebook campaign bring a huge smile on my face every time i see it. I think we should do the same with Gaza people.

16. Whatever way you look at it he was assassinated... It was suspected that he was responsible for the deaths of some Israelis but it was never proven in a court of law. Its just one more tit for tat killing between Israel and Palestine.
    It will achieve nothing but push Israel and Palestine further apart and more than likely create 100 new Zuhair al-Qaisi.
    It would be akin to Palestinians launching a rocket attack on a car carrying a senior Mossad official in Israel. A provocation.

This was its first big test. The first time it was put under pressure.

Oh don't get me wrong Dima i am well aware of the toughness of Israelis. You would have to have balls to live in Israel. I respect Israelis and their strength and determination in what they believe in. I firmly support a 2 state solution to the conflict.
    The problem in Israel is the government. They need to put as much effort into finding a peaceful solution to the conflict as they do into talking and waging war.

I agree. This conflict will be resolved only if both leaderships really want it.
    The pressure has to come from the streets. Protests and marches.
    If the people demand peace they will get it.