Israel easing up the blockade on Gaza Strip

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Home Movies, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Article

This is good, however one of the most important things that needs to be done is the rebuilding of homes and commercial centers. I doubt that very much will be done if Israel is the one overseeing the entry of building materials into the area, and it also must be coordinated with Palestine and the U.N.

2. In the end, do you think the Zionists really want those dirty gentiles on their God given land? Anything Israel does at this point should be looked at with skepticism. I hope they don't expect the international community to just turn away and leave them alone now because they've eased their occupation just a little.

3. I agree completely, I think it's more of a publicity stunt and won't change much at all.

I bet this story will be all over the news, those Zionists really need our support right now.

4. Soooo, basically when Israel enforce a blockade against a jew-hating regime that got this tendency to lob rockets and mortar-fire at them, they are evil.

And when due to some appeasing bleeding-heart international pressure, they ease up on the conditions of the blockade, they are evil to?

Something do not compute. Is it the entire idea of Israel that is evil? Or just that they try to defend themselves agains plentifull of terror-attacks? Daily attacks before the last little cleaning up of Gaza.

I am quite sure Israel and Israelis would like nothing better than to actually live in peace with their arab neighbours. Which is why they've sought out peace-deals with Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon. Even offered the arabs in Gaza and the West-Bank self rule at the Camp-David summit. Though that got rejected by the arabs courtecy of mr. Arafat.

Though ofcourse, Israel went ahead and ended the occupation of Gaza regardless. Thinking it would please the arabs living there. Who promptly went ahead and ruined commercial estates in Gaza previously run by Israelis, and then elected a government that can best be described as nazi in their jew-hatred and genocidal little agenda.

Oh the pleasures of freedom. The freedom to terrorize Israel by means of rockets, mortar-fire and the occasional suicide bomber. Why, naturally, we should always blame Israel for not finding that just a charming little quirk with the Hamas regime, and just allowing them to import all the weapons they'd like, without even considering (with full cooperation of the Egyptians I might add) to at least inspect shipments going to that little pocket of palestinian-ruled paradise. Where as we all know Hamas is craving strawberries and honey, not fully-automatic weapons, artillery-rockets and mortar-rounds...

Shees...

5. [​IMG]

Zionists stole Palestinian land in order to create the modern day Israel. I wonder why Palestinians are shooting rockets into Israel...

It could also be the Israeli military's continued attacks. Operation Cast Lead (late 08- early 09) killed 1,380 Palestinians, more than 300 being children. That operation also devastated the infrastructure of the Gaza Strip, destroying homes, hospitals, and schools.

Since the operation one person in Israel has been killed by rocket and mortar fire, while 71 Palestinians were killed and 130 injured in tunnel collapses, accidents, and air strikes. Don't exaggerate the threat of Palestinian missiles and mortars.

I'd want peace too if I had already stolen the vast majority of my enemy's land.

6. this is like a 900 and somethin year old war why dont they totally smoke a blunt and share the whole thing:confused:

7. The OP and anyone agreeing with him is an idiot and knows nothing about the situation in the middle east.

Gaza has an extremist gvt in place called the hamas(think al queda) who want to hurt the to hurt the citizens of Israel. They have already demonstrated this on countless ocassions by shooting rockets at Israel and killing many of its citizens. Like any country, Israel needs to defend it's citizens and so to avoid going into the gaza strip and removing hamas from power (an action which would have great casualties) Israel has decided to prevent the hamas from aquiring these weapons in the first place, through a blockade.

If israel completely lifts the blockade. Then the hamas will import weapons in and use them to kill more israeli citizens. If you support an extremist gvt like the hamas in any way, but enjoy all the freedoms and comforts that come from living in a country like the U.S then you are a hypocrite.

8. So?

If you were living in what's essentially a concentration camp under religous extremists you'd probbably fight back too.

9. the citizens in gaza voted hamas into power. Why would they fight against Israel? They need to fight against the hamas to remove this regime from power. Ofcourse, Hamas wants the people of gaza to believe that Israel is respoinsible for all thier suffering, in order to take the blame off them. Kind of like hitler did with the jews.

Many don't know this, but Israel actually provides the majority of the fresh water and electricity to the gaza strip.

10. Why do you think that is? :rolleyes:

11. Israel IS responsible for all of the suffering in Palestine.

12. I say let both sides off the leash and settle this thing once and for all. I think the world in general is kinda tired of hearing about who is right and who is wrong in this scenario. We're way past that point eh?

I mean really. In the final analysis who gives two cents what happens.

13. how? Did israel put hamas into power?

14. The stronger the Israeli occupation, the stronger the Palestinian resistance.

15. I predict all the people who threw their arms up about this, wont give a flying fuck when Israel is bombarded with rocket artillery again.

You dont actually know anything about this conflict, do you? What happened when Israel pulled out of the West Bank? They were bombarded with artillery and suicide bombers. So, your little theory has some problems.

16. You can't occupy a country and expect no repercussions.

Palestine was still being occupied then just like it is still is currently. Israelis held on to major Jewish settlements and Jerusalem, they also imposed blockades and restricted Palestinian travel.

I'd also like to see a source that shows an increase in violence after Israel "withdrew" from the West Bank.

17. Riiiight, you cant bombard a country with artillery/suicide bombers and not be occupied.

WHY WHY WHY???????

Fucking research it then!

Let me google that for you

18. Considering Israel was created off of stolen Palestinian land, It's safe to say that they initiated the conflict.

I couldn't think of a rational reason either, huh?

I'm not trying to be difficult but I've tried looking both times now and have yet to find any reports on an increase in violence after the "withdrawal".

19. #19 Dronetek, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2010
    It requires at least a novice level of knowledge concerning this conflict, which you clearly don't have. If you cant figure it out, I'm content with letting you be blissfully unaware.

Here is a clue though:

[​IMG]

I think you just see what you want to see.

EDIT: Here is a list of rocket attacks after the pullout in 2005:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rocket_and_mortar_attacks_in_Israel_in_2001_through_2006

Here is a partial list of suicide bombings that occurred after the pullout:

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Terrorism...and+Other+Bombing+Attacks+in+Israel+Since.htm
    Lots more if you click on link.

20. It may be necessary if Israel continues to occupy these territories, but I've never been able to see why that was ever necessary. I've never understood the Zionist blood lust for Palestinian land or why Arabs don't deserve self-determination.