Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Isopropyl Alcohol

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by coiner, Mar 7, 2009.

1. I'm thinking of making hash out of some low quality herb I got. I want to do an alcohol extraction and I've got some everclear but it's rather expensive and I would much rather drink it than let it evaporate. Is it safe to use drug store rubbing alcohol? I would assume that it is safe and nothing would be left behind from the alcohol but I just wanted to make sure before I poisoned myself or something.

2. #2 pmb6967, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    91% alcohol is the recommended iso to use. Anything higher I believe takes chlorophyll out of the bud resulting in lower quality product.
    Also this topic has been covered many times over, using a search would have resulted in a faster answer.

3. #3 coiner, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    i did do a search but nothing about the safeness has been mentioned, including in your response. I've done searches and they say that 99% is the best, the chlorophyll only comes out when the herb is left in the alcohol for too long. I plan on soaking it once for ten minutes and then soaking the herb a second time for an hour in different alcohol to get two batches, one lower quality. What I want to know is whether or not the isopropyl alcohol is going to leave any substance behind that the everclear will not.

4. Taken from the sticky Quick Wash ISO Hash (pics & vid).
    From the looks of it, using that method resulted in a nice "pure" product.
    I was wrong with the 71%

Sorry I have no information on Alcohol vs Iso. Just use Iso.