Isopropyl alcohol

Discussion in 'General' started by Che Guevara, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Hi,
    I just bought 1ltr of Isopropyl alcohol to attempt to make hash, but I was wondering, as its very cheap, only £2.95 (about $5) could I mix it with drinks? Obviously I wouldn't need alot as its pure alcohol, but would it be safe?

Peace,
    Simon

2. HIGH All, you fucking serious dude????? Here's a little wake up call for ya. isopropyl alcohol has caused such symptoms as nausea, mental confusion, coma, and death
    through ingestion, inhalation, and skin absorption.

People have to read up on shit before even thinking about shit like this (I sit here shakin my head).

3. I honestly hope that you really didn't think you could do that. Haven't you ever read or heard the dangers of doing that?!?!?!?

Make sure you educate yourself on any substance that you plan on putting in your body.

4. Neva read anything about that, which is y i posted a new thread about it. btw all those symptoms that were described can come about from normal alcohol. I only know about the drugs cannabis, DXM and opium, I hav very little experience with alcohol.

Peace,
    Simon

5. HIGH All, but it sure as hell doesn't do this!!

DANGER! EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE LIQUID AND VAPOR. VAPOR MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE. HAZARDOUS POLYMERIZATION MAY OCCUR. MAY FORM EXPLOSIVE PEROXIDES IN AIR. CAUSES SEVERE EYE IRRITATION. HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED. AFFECTS CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, LIVER AND KIDNEYS. CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. POSSIBLE CANCER HAZARD. MAY CAUSE CANCER BASED ON ANIMAL DATA. Risk of cancer depends on duration and level of exposure

Inhalation:
    Exposure to vapors causes irritation to the mucous membranes and respiratory tract, coughing, dizziness, light sensitivity, sore throat, and labored breathing. Large exposures may cause irregular heartbeat, narcosis, delayed pulmonary edema and death by respiratory failure.

Ingestion:
    Causes irritation to the gastrointestinal tract. Symptoms may include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Toxic! May cause systemic poisoning with symptoms paralleling those of inhalation.

Skin Contact:
    Vapor and liquid cause irritation, redness, and pain. Prolonged contact with liquid may cause erythema and burns, although rapid evaporation limits this possibility.

Eye Contact:
    Vapors cause irri
    tation, redness, and pain. Liquid splashes may cause burning sensation, severe irritation, blurred vision and temporary eye damage.

Chronic Exposure:
    Repeated exposure to vapors may cause dermatitis and conjunctivitis. Liver and kidney damage is associated with chronic exposure to acetaldehyde. There is inadequate evidence for the carcinogenicity of acetaldehyde to humans, but there is sufficient evidency for the carcinogenicity of acetaldehyde in animals.

Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
    Persons with pre-existing skin or eye disorders or impaired liver, kidney, or pulmonary function may be more susceptible to the effects of this agent. Alcoholics are specially affected because alcohol is metabolized to acetaldehyde in the blood and additional exposure to acetaldehyde can aggravate problems.

I'm glad you did!! Finding out first (information) is much better than just doing it without knowing the outcome..

6. Thanks for the excellent info, dont think ill B tryin that then. Just stik 2 normal alcohol.

Thanks,
    Simon

7. they call it DENATURED achohol because if you drink it, you die.

stick to the herb, buddy

8. The Alkees around my way prefer mouth wash over pure alcohol. ~_^