Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ISOhash Grinder Extraction with a few pics

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nogarobluenano, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Well this is my first time ever doing this, I think it's gonna turn out pretty well, if so, i am going to do the same tomorrow with some dank that is suspect to be moldy. I soaked each piece individually for about 50 seconds and pour out the iso everytime into the pyrex. One plus to this is now my grinder looks brand new, and it's only 2 months old.:hello: I must smoke a lot because this is all the really caked on stuff, I always scrape off loose keif.

Attached Files:

2. i dont advise waiting 50 seconds with actual weed

you may end up with green hash

3. I think he means the grinder pieces...

4. I did indeed, a guide linked to me by NYCDeisel said a minute and he also said no longer than.

5. ahh but I see what he is saying, how long should i leave the weed in the iso then?

6. is the norm for bud or a grinder?

7. when i iso my grinder, i usually just do it for like 30 seconds as well. i pour some iso into the grinder, cap it, and shake for about 15-20 seconds. then i pour it into a pyrex dish, and put it on low heat on my oven to evaporate, payign attention to it at all times, wiht my kitchen fan runnign and a small fan next to it.

8. So then your saying that 50 seconds was too long and this is trash?

9. not sayign its trash at all, all im sayign is i do it differently. tbh, its almost all keif in the grinder, and the keif is mostly thc.

the reason for not wanting to go to long on the buds is because the iso will start to extract chlorophyll, etc, from the buds.

10. Ahhh, alright I see what your saying. A question I've never asked anyone before about a grinder is, what is the black stuff that builds up on it where the pieces touch, is that pressed keif or dirt?

11. its jsut pressed keif, and prolly some dead skin cells, honestly, its not big deal.

12. nah, thats fine, just curious.

13. So I'm guessing that the darker pieces in what's becoming the dried hash are small pieces of bud or pressed hash?

Attached Files:

14. Did you filter it??? Like run it through a coffee filter?

15. pff, wish i would have thought of that, as i didnt see to do that anywhere.

16. a coffee filter is recommended but you can use a fine strainer.

17. well now that it is hardened what should I do?

18. Personally Id just scrape it up and smoke it now. Im pretty sure youll be losing potency if you run it through the iso again. Just remember next time to strain it and youll have a more pure blondish color hash

19. i would only really run the qwiso through a filter if i was making a fresh batch, from good tree.

with a grinder wash, the bit of qwiso you get is enough for liek a bowl top, or a good hot knife hit. Its more of a bonus for giving your grinder some TLC.