iso with keef?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Bongzilla_420, Jan 13, 2010.

1. I was wondering if i quickly added equal parts keef powder and iso, shook it, and let it evap would i get that same sticky iso oil?

2. Bump! i figure it should because your doing that pretty much doin it with all the trimmings to get the trics, but i just wanna ask to make sure.

3. Mmmk, if you dissolve cannabis resin in any solvent then boil/evap most of the solvent off, you have hash oil. If you take straight trichomes (kief) and press them, you have hash.

Mixing hash and hash oil would be just that, a mixture of the two. If your only question is whether or not it would be as sticky as straight hash oil then the answer would be no, it is slightly less sticky and slightly more pliable.

4. thanks for helping. you did answer my question on texture. i had some kief powder but i was having some troubles pressing. all i was getting was kief tablets and my business associate wanted traditional brown chunks of hash. i was really asking if i would do any harm or damage to the kief in process

5. Nope, no harm at all, glad I could help! It's actually kinda funny that he would want "traditional brown pieces of hash" because hash that's too brown indicates either additives or too much plant material in the hash. The best hash is typically a blond hue. If you want to make straight kief more pliable, work it in between your fingers and it'll absorb a little bit of your finger oil, making it a bit more workable.

6. Hi, if you want to make quality iso, very quickly, I'd suggest you use 1 or 2 coffee filter to remove all leaf materiel from the kief turning it into quality iso oil.

I recommend 99% iso alcohol for faster evaporation, and I usually always shake it for 5 min when I make it from pot, but you could shake it for like 2 min. with 2-3 dimes to help the thc break from small leaf material, then pour it in your coffee filters over a break and chip resistant plate or pyrex, remove the dimes before pressing the coffee filter. I would recommend to rinse your jar to get all thc particules.

I installed a small sprayer on my alcohol bottle to facilitate the job. The next step is to place your plate delicately over a round element on your stove and make sure nothing spilled and put your round at 1 of 1.5, make sure it dosen't boil, even the smallest air bubble is a loss of quality:hello: install a fan blowing gently over the solution and make sure their is no electrical apparel plugged and used that makes electrical arc or flames for the next 10-15 min if you use 99% and probably 20-25 min with 70%

I hope this helped ya out,

7. Thanks for all the help guys, and Goodbyebluesky,

:metal:Darkside of the moon and The Wall have got the be the greatest collection of songs mankind has ever created. i salute you :metal: