ISO Reclaim Cleaning

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Pngwyn, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Just banter man no hate here!

I honestly dont know much about concentrates or anything so thats why I never really argued. To each his own! :smoke:

2. Thats quite obvious as your talking out of your ass. Reclaim is reclaimed BHO, not burnt plant matter and tar. There is NOTHING in reclaim that isnt in your concentrates to start. Reclaim= decarbed BHO, not resin.
    And nothing harmful is left when extracting with isopropyl.

3. #24 USSChallenger, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    FYI, mr. Going, concentrates are composed of somewhere in the range of 99+% cannabinoids, no other plant matter which can be burned when applied to a hot nail. Therefore, since combustion is not taking place (yes you are essentially vaporizing!), there is no carcinogenic smoke being produced, and everything inside a rig provided it was only used to smoke concentrates, is simply re condensed cannabinoids.

If you wont take my word for it, please at least spend a few min. on google before you continue to spread false information. I am glad however that you admitted to not know much about the subject, but perhaps next time you stumble on something you're not to familiar with, you can avoid making concrete claims. :wave:

4. #25 Easy Going, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    So, if I understand correctly: to make reclaim i have to clean my piece with some iso... And the resinish fluid left after i cleaned the piece has to be placed in a plate to be left to evaporate and once done the product left is reclaim?

Eddie: I searched GC and I might try this.. Looks pretty neat actually

5. :laughing: If you smoke BHO, and have a dedicated piece that is only used for vaping concentrates, then yes you can soak that and will be left with some nice oil. If you dont have a dedicated piece, and it gets flowers smoked out of it, then no that isnt reclaim.

6. I dont smoke concentrates so thats the end of that i guess. Oh well man

:wave:

7. Your ignorance blows my mind...

8. Then don't smoke it just eat it.

9. totally never argued at all.

hahahahaha oh my... friendly advice, if you dont know what youre talking about be quite, hes not talking the normal bud resin, its oil resin, which is essentially oil that just reformed on youre piece. its awesome and this is a super common and perfectly healthy method off consuming it.

Comparing steak to honey oil claim :hello:
    Priceless.

10. Don't eat anything that has touched iso! Not even to win an internet argument. If you plan on using your reclaim in edibles use a food grade alcohol as your solvent.

I always recommend everclear as it is such a high percentage of alcohol/volume.

11. Care to elaborate as to why not? Isn't the whole point that there's no iso leftover and if I can smoke it how come I can't eat it?

12. you can eat iso hash if all the iso has evaporated...you just have to incorporate the hash into something more bio available,like butter or coconut oil.

13. [quote name='"USSChallenger"']

Care to elaborate as to why not? Isn't the whole point that there's no iso leftover and if I can smoke it how come I can't eat it?[/quote]

Well as a general rule if you are extracting something to eat it, you should use an edible solvent. Sure I guess if all the ISO is gone it is safe, but would it really taste good?

And maybe someone might not realize there's a little left. So maybe I'm scientifically wrong but fuck that's disgusting.

14. Rice works real well in straight tubes instead of salt

15. Dude reclaim is just decarboxylated(activated) oil that condensed back onto the glass.

Not the same as bong residue which is TAR, a product of COMBUSTION.

edit: lawl my stoned ass didnt read past the first page :p

ISO isnt generally a solvent you would want to use for something you eat as deadphish said, you should use a food grade, non-toxic solvent.

16. #37 High Again, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    As far as reclaim that you plan to smoke, this is correct. 190 proof Everclear (95% Ethanol) works best. Isopropyl can even be 99% alcohol, but all Isopropyl has Chromium in it. Smoking Chromium won't kill you, but you will go blind if you continue to do it. I tried QWISO back in the day, it worked and we didn't die lol. Recently though I got an extractor unit from Specialized Formulations, so I got to talk with the engineer there. Never would've known about the whole Chromium thing if it wasn't for Carla. Needless to say, nobody should do QWISO lol. Use Everclear instead.

The only thing I'm wondering is if I could get away with using Iso if I was planning to make edibles with the reclaim. I'm sure Chromium going through your liver isn't ideal, but I'm sure we do worse things on a daily basis haha. I may try it. I have a shit ton of Iso and Everclear is $100 a gallon.....  Decisions decisions.

17. This whole thread just amazed me..

I'm a little worried actually. 
    These walk among us...

18. After doing reading elsewhere, I decided that it's not safe in any way to consume Isopropyl alcohol. After cleaning my rig, dabbers, etc I just dumped it down the toilet. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I realized that if I want to utilize my reclaim instead of tossing it I need to use food grade Everclear, no exceptions. To each their own, but I've definitely found my answer.

Cheers

19. Just use a rotary evaporator to reclaim most of your alcohol, keeps costs down if you use high proof everclear