Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Iso question?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by StarKist, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Alright I was told you can make iso after you clean your pipe. I cleaned it with rubbinf alcohol and some salt but then without thinking I put the pipe in water and thats were all the resign went. Can I still just let it dry and smoke it or is it ruined. O and can you load like a half bowl and put iso on top?

2. Well I'm sure you can wait a while, the water will eventually evaporate. Alcohol just evaporates quickly and leaves no trace behind.

3. Good I just wasnt sure if it would still work:smoke:

4. I can't see why it wouldn't, but try it and report back. For sure it's not going to kill you or harm you, worst case you'll get a lung full of smoke and no high.

5. using iso to clean your piece and evaporating is not going to leave you with hash, it's gonna leave you with shit.

6. Will do and pictures

7. Have you tried it this way before cause its pretty similar to making iso

8. #8 BlankIT, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2012
    no but it's pretty simple. i have made ISO hash before, and i have cleaned by piece with ISO. Just never evaporated it and tried to smoke it. i've done it to grinders, nug jugs, anything with a lot of kief that you cant get too. just never a piece. Alcohol absorbs THC, along with other chlorophyll's, cannabinoids, etc. Mostly dirty, dirty plant matter. Absorbing it into alchohol just absorbed everything, grabbed it if you will, and took it outside of the pipe, just simply cleaning it of the resin, now the resin, nothing has changed about it, it didn't magically turn from 2% thc resin to 30-60%THC hash that would be impossible (there was never that much THC in the first place) so in reality it's still the same thing that came out of your pipe.

Making ISO involves shaking up trim/buds in ISO where it quickly extracts all of the Trichomes and cannabinoids (some chlorophyll) to make an extraction of the three, (or well, all the compounds the alcohol extracted.) leaving just the "good stuff" behind, but the thing is when there was no good stuff to start off with, theres no good stuff coming out.

you get in what you put out

9. So what your saying is i should just be getting a bunch of resin.
    Ive never made iso, I was just told it worked so I thought I might try it

10. correct.

11. Alright thanks

12. its called qwiso hash (quick wash). iso is just the alcohol you use. and you don't make it by cleaning a pipe. If you want to smoke that resin just scrape it out. mixing rubbing alcohol and salt with that and then trying to smoke it...bad idea. If you want to make real qwiso just run a search, there are probably 50 different guides on the subject.