ISO hash

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by NorthernLites, May 23, 2006.

1. I realize that this is an old thread, but it's bugging me. I think that NorthernLites is a bit confused. It seems to me like what you're doing is trying to make hash using an oil extraction method.

When you use a solvent (eg: Isopropyl alcohol) you are dissolving the THC and it mixes in with the alcohol. You then separate the alcohol from the weed using a screen or filter.

Now here is where I think you are getting confused. The part you want to keep is the alcohol mixture, not the weed. When you take the alcohol mixture and evaporate the alcohol off, whats left behind is oil (golden, green, or blackish sticky substance)

The weed itself will have little to no THC left in it at this point, so it's basically garbage (unless you want to do a second wash which is just repeating the process a second time) You can't make hash out of the alcohol soaked weed, dry or not. There are no trichomes left to press together as they have been dissolved into the alcohol.

If you're dumping all the alcohol, and just keeping the weed that you soaked in it and trying to press it into hash, then you're wasting your time, money, effort, and most importantly, your weed.

2. bubble bags my friend