Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

iso hash questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SmokeyMcPot 420, Sep 2, 2011.

1. would adding water hurt the process? i know when cooking butter more water just means more chlorophyll gets soaked out since thc isnt water soluable, would this work while making iso? or would it just be a pointless step? and also would it make it evaporate faster or slower? idk what evaporates quicker, iso or water. anyways im planning to make iso for the first time, gunna follow hashmoufs guid, cuz well theres no one better than him...

2. no need for water, Just as pure isopropyl alcohol as you can find.

3. Adding water would make it evaporate way slower. It's pointless. The alcohol is the solvent not the water

4. They both work as a solvent in this case, and iso and water as miscible, so when mixed, they become one solution that doesnt need to separate....

More water, will mean a worse result, and much longer evaporation time..... the water works in the butter because the water and oils in the butter will never mix, so it can be separated... in the iso, it just becomes part of it.... they share so many soluble properties that it doesnt work that way

5. #5 percul8r615, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Right. So bassically if you want a purer end result, you need to use a higher alc. Percentage

6. Indeed, 91 or 99 or your wastin your time hahaha unless 70% is all you can get

7. I use rexall 91 percent with no prob

8. I dunno what brand it us, but i use 99% haha, easy to get here in Boulder, apparently not so easy other places

9. I've tried 99 but it made my oil into dry sift. Lmao

10. Hahahahaha thats odd.... mine never comes out that way... its always liquid

could be the double filtration though.....